Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Finding Virgin Ground

nvchris

• The title was changed to Finding Virgin Ground

WTG Chris, I think you might have enough for that Jeep! I'll bet that put a smile on Wilma's face!

Norm

• Like 1

Hi Chris, Great result.

Re (Research, time, and lots of boot miles)

Last trip, 2 days leisurely driving to get there ( ditto return), 9 days camping in known gold area, 2 mornings detected/walked for 4 hours into the distant hills for virgin ground with a zero result, so concentrated on known areas for the rest of the trip. 

In a similar situation a friend looks for new areas in the morning and known areas in the afternoon, me I would probably only do this if I was in the gold fields for a month or more.

I think if you are finding gold in a know area on a daily basis you are less likely to look for Virgin ground.

And agree on Research effort/time, Have used Google earth and.... and... for detecting spots in Wa (OZ) and still picked some Bummers.( and some Good)

• Like 1

Always great to see someone find a big patch! ?

Would love to know how far away from a "known area" the find was. 1 mile? 5 miles? 20 miles? 

• 2 weeks later...