Anyone Still Swinging A Safari?

Yeah, I kept going back to the guys ad and while I did procrastinate over it, I went for it. It kept calling my name..

My 14 year-old has had the Safari out twice. He's found stuff in the yard and reports back on what sounds it made, settings he's changed and depth. He says real good depth is achieved. He owns a Vanquish 440 and anyone who has ever worked one, KNOWS it goes deep. Sometimes too deep for my liking.

He ran the Safari on 18 Sensitivity, 10 Threshold, Trash on High, notched out -10 to 13, kept 14-16, notched out 17 to 29, kept 30-40. Ran in Relic Mode.

When I finally get my hands on it this weekend, I will be taking to a school I hit a lot. Very little trash. Nails would be the main garbage I'll encounter.

For $200, I couldn't go wrong using the Safari as the "next level" in deeper silvers, where I KNOW there's more to be found. My sons Vanquish does well, but I think he's board with the long gaps between signals at the school. I use the Simplex+ and also get that feeling of swinging for very little for what the kid and I did at the school in the past.

Safari has the stock coil, no big issue.. Any suggestions on settings for greatest depth? We did notice that sensitivity on Auto is NOT a good thing depth-wise.

Happy Hunting 🙂

Depth is where you find it. You are already doing what you need to do to get the most out of the machine- ie, experiment with the settings for YOUR site.  Anything I might say would only set you back. (and honestly, its been so long since i ran it with any frequency that i'd probably steer you wrong).

One tip tho- I can run my Safari closer to a hurricane fence than any detector I have used- even my CTX. Just go slow to medium speed parallel to the fence. I have pulled in some obviously passed over finds in schools and parks using that method.

I thank you for the reply. Everyone's ground is different, even within the same town. After checking the walkways with either the Vanquish or Simplex+, we'll bring out the Safari for a look-see....

I'm excited about having it because it'll add another dimension to our hobby.

My son wasn't happy with the exaggerated halo-effect after last nights rain.. Said the machine was detecting half off from where the coil was. I simply asked him if he lowered sensitivity and re-balanced.. He said No, I said well there you have it. Tomorrow is another day.

SF