Minelab's New Learning Video Series

Minelab are starting to release their new video series, educating people on how to use and benefit from their products, Episode 1, Basic operation of a metal detector.

Join Scott from Crawfords Metal Detectors as he embarks on an enlightening journey into the world of metal detecting in this exclusive interview. Scott sits down with Mark Lawrie and Phil Beck from Minelab, alongside seasoned detectorist Paul Cee, for an in-depth discussion on the mechanics and science behind metal detectors. This video is the first installment in a five-part series designed to unravel the mysteries of how metal detectors work, from the basic principles to the advanced technologies that power today's searches. Mark, Phil, and Paul bring their wealth of knowledge and experience to the table, providing insights into the innovation and engineering that make metal detecting possible. In this first episode, fundamental concepts behind metal detecting are covered, including the types of technology used in detectors, how signals are generated and interpreted, and what makes Minelab detectors stand out in the field. Stay tuned for the rest of the series, where topics such as finding the best settings for your detector, understanding ground conditions, and much more will be explored.

Yep, they spelt instalment wrong on their blurb😛

2 minutes ago, Sérgio Campos said:

Thanks for posting Simon! Amazing video. Learned a lot.
I couldn’t find it on the Minelab website. Where did you get it? 
Cheers

Shows up for their Youtube channel subscribers.

The concept of better educating your consumers to generate more sales is an old concept. Charles Garrett did this very well in his various books in print. I know because I've read them since the 70's. Today's media has turned to video obviously which does the job quite well until the power goes out! 🙂

Technical concepts in this video are for the most part nothing new, only the sources of EMF have increased. The basic technical principle of Induction Balance metal detection, first commercially patented by Dr. Gerhard Fisher in 1931, has not changed. How the circuit operates and the amount of battery drain has. The earliest circuits were analog based, today they are digital.

With the consumer budget for the average detectorist at stake, I wouldn't hold your breath for the "wheel" to get re-invented. Metal detector manufacturers, then and now, have created quite a science out of getting us to part with our wages! 🙂