Vibration For Minelab Equinox 600/800 For The Deaf

greg801

On 10/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, bklein said:

“- if I connect the headphone (computer) cable to the Noxa800 and at the end of the handset (the signal is heard in the headphones) I cut the cable and solder it to the system, vibration works great on the signals.“

you lost me with this paragraph.  What computer cable? What handset? What system?

I used the computer gaming headphones "Razer Kraken" at hand and for the test at the handset I cut the cable, soldered to a small amplifier which is powered by a battery and connected to a vibration motor through the bridge. There was no sound of the loudspeaker in the detector, but when there is metal above the coil, the motor vibrates. If there is nothing, the motor turns slightly.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I made a circuit that is universal and can work with any detector that has audio output. Its based on microcontroller. Basically you plug it into audio jack on the detector and it will sense sound and react with vibration. It will have its own battery. Rechargeable or not.  Right now I have working prototype on the breadboard. I tested it on equinox and on minelab vanquish. About to order bunch of pcb boards. 

Im actually planning to turn my vanquish in underwater machine because its so simple in controls. For underwater the simpler the better. 

So if anyone serious and interested in the vibration module please hit me up.

My email is captainart3000@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Greg801

The Simplex detector is waterproof and it’s got a vibrating handle plus it’s dirt cheap to buy a used one. 
 Just something to think about and a quick fix to get your friend water hunting.

Chuck