Wireless Headphone Setup For Gpx4500

Good morning folks,looking for some advice please for a wireless headphone setup for my GPX4500,i have a decent set of wired headphones and they do work a treat but what with the battery cable and headphone cable and also the bungee cord as well,looking at loosing at least on wire ie the headphones.Not really fussed if it Blutooth or 2.4ghz.

I have a Docs screamer package coming next week,so that should eliminate the battery power cable in theory that is,so can anyone please direct me into a decent wireless headphone setup that does not cost the earth,its not a case of me being unable to afford a decent setup its just that i am very very frugal with my money or in laymans language tight.

Weather is looking dry for the weekend as its been raining here in the UK for a very long time and the fields are totally swamped.

Many thanks

25 minutes ago, Guys gold said:

You might go with a Wirefree Mate ,two part unit one plugs into speaker jack on the battery,one you can put in your front pocket,and plug your headphones into it.

Guys gold.many thanks for your suggestion,have just found a supplier here in the UK,so will probably give them a try,they do look very good and also very lightweight as well.

If you have some Bluetooth LL headphones already from another detector you could just buy a LL transmitter, Avantree have some good ones available, the Avantree relay is good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If you have some Bluetooth LL headphones already from another detector you could just buy a LL transmitter, Avantree have some good ones available, the Avantree relay is good.

Although I do not have a GPX 4500 I have been using that little Avantree Relay and the Avantree Torus with every detector I own other than the Legend which has built in aptX LL Bluetooth and that little Relay that @Wiggins sent and it works great no Lag and no cutting in or out, with my Axiom I have not noticed any kind of interference or background noise at all.

I keep wondering what Avantree is cooking up since @Wiggins thread

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Wireless Headphone Setup For Gpx4500
  • 1 month later...

Having been searching for a decent wireless setup and found a brand new set of TX/RX Garrett modules and everything that i am after for my GPX project,although the price that the seller is asking is way cheaper than the normal asking price i am negotiating him down ever more if i can.

One thing that slightly concerns me is will the coil interfere with the Garrett wirefree setup or should it all be ok and work without any issues ??

My Docs screamer case arrived yesterday and all put on my GPX with the smaller battery and all i need to finish the whole wirefree project is the wirefree headphones which i am almost certain should be sorted this week.

You won't get any coil interference but Garrett Zylnk is underpowered and very sensitive to placement of the TX and RX as body shadowing of the wireless signal causes dropouts.  Make sure you wear the RX on the side of your body that faces the TX module (i.e., wear the RX on the same side of your body as the arm you swing your detector).  And make sure the TX is not line of sight blocked by the GPX control box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

You won't get any coil interference but Garrett Zylnk is underpowered and very sensitive to placement of the TX and RX as body shadowing of the wireless signal causes dropouts.  Make sure you wear the RX on the side of your body that faces the TX module (i.e., wear the RX on the same side of your body as the arm you swing your detector).  And make sure the TX is not line of sight blocked by the GPX control box.

Chase,after reading your post i dont think i will proceed in buying the Garrett setup,many thanks for the heads up,will continue with my wired setup for the moment.....thanks again.

• Like 1

On 27.02.2024 at 14:49, RickUK said:

Доброе утро, ребята, прошу совета по настройке беспроводных наушников для моего GPX4500, у меня есть приличный набор проводных наушников, и они действительно работают с удовольствием, но что с кабелем аккумулятора и кабелем для наушников, а также с банджи-шнуром, возможно, придется отсоединить хотя бы провод, то есть наушники.На самом деле не волнуйся, если это Blutooth или 2,4 ГГц.

На следующей неделе у меня будет пакет Docs screamer, так что теоретически это должно исключить кабель питания от аккумулятора, поэтому, пожалуйста, кто-нибудь может порекомендовать мне достойную настройку беспроводных наушников, которая не стоит дорого, это не тот случай, когда я не могу позволить себе достойную настройку, просто я очень бережлив со своими деньгами или, говоря языком непрофессионалов, скуп.

Погода в выходные обещает быть сухой, так как здесь, в Великобритании, уже очень давно идут дожди, и поля полностью затоплены.

Большое спасибо

20240225_162746.jpg