Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Teaser - XP Deus II

Brushcreek

Knowing XP a top of the range aint gonna be a toy.The owner is himself a detectorist.He knows what peeps wants and he is also a visionnary.He knows we (the consumer) are getting more and more exigent.To be honest i ll be very very surprise if it isnt a beast of a mqchine.

RR

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Knowing XP a top of the range aint gonna be a toy.The owner is himself a detectorist.He knows what peeps wants and he is also a visionnary.He knows we (the consumer) are getting more and more exigent.To be honest i ll be very very surprise if it isnt a beast of a mqchine.

RR

A MD dealer in Paris told me that Alain Loubet ( the XP boss ) tests himself the new detectors in the field .  Sometimes companies top managers are unfortunately more interested by finance or politics than the product itself . This is not the case at XP where the product is king  ...

• Like 8

That would be a nice looking detector. If the coil is wired the coil wire would probably run up inside of the shaft. I would definitely be interested in this detector. Waterproof and still very light.

12 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

If the coil is wired the coil wire would probably run up inside of the shaft.

I hope not. Other than looking nice, it creates more problems than it fixes. I’ve not owned a detector yet with a cable enclosed in shaft, where coil swaps were not a pain in the posterior. Fine I guess for people who are not swapping coils constantly, but coils are a major part of my game, as it’s the number one way I can radically change my detector performance for different situations. I keep all my accessory coils on dedicated lower rods, simply because I do swap coils so often.

Where XP can score here is to give me a Deus feature set, add multifrequency that matches Equinox, not Apex, and in a truly waterproof package. Equinox is a hugely popular water machine, but it leaks way too often. XP can take Equinox market share easily, with a detector that simply works as well, but does not leak, period. That’s what I’m seeing in the control box displayed, and it requires wired coils to really get the job done right. Do that, and Florida beaches will shift from Minelab to XP. Equinox showed what people want, but it’s flawed, so make a better Equinox.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

People who like a totally wireless system think people who do not just don’t understand things properly. Women call it “mansplaining” and I guess this is “Deusplaining”

Wireless coils are of zero interest to me. I do not want to charge my coil. I do not want to buy a battery, transmitter, and circuits, every time I buy a coil. I want $200 dumb coils attached to a control box that contains the battery and circuitry, not $400 coils that are redundant, twice the price, and limited in selection. Ones that work underwater without special kits. A cable IS the solution! 

Every time I’m with a group of Deus owners, somebody is having a coil charging problem, or a problem pairing a coil to a control box. It’s a problem only XP owners experience.

I fully understand why you and others like wireless coils. Yet it is the one reason that I’ve sold both Deus I’ve owned. But every time one of us mentions we don’t want wireless coils, we get Deusplained! :laugh:

Yes $400 is expensive for a single coil , but on the other hand a BMW or a Mercedes is more expensive than a  VW Beetle or a Fiat Panda ... ? ? 

• Like 2

I would rather have the coil cord wrapped around the outside and connected to the controller where you can change coils and be able to use other shafts if you want to.

• Like 3

I'm 100% with Steve on this. I don't care for wireless coils for the exact same reasons. For every coil I want to buy, I'm actually buying another detector. Also don't care for a cable inside the shaft, creates more problems than it solves. Yeah, those clean shafts look cool but that ain't enough to make metal detecting look any less uncool than it is.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3