Smallest Coil For GPX 5000?

mn90403

Detech Ultra Sensing, Coiltek Elite and Nugget Finder EVO's are the range of spirals commonly purchased on the market.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Detech Ultra Sensing, Coiltek Elite and Nugget Finder EVO's are the range of spirals commonly purchased on the market.

I see an 11 inch detech mono at a good price. Are they all spiral wound or just the ones that say ultra sensing? It says in the description that it’s spiral wound

10 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I see an 11 inch detech mono at a good price. Are they all spiral wound or just the ones that say ultra sensing? It says in the description that it’s spiral wound

There was a Detech 11" Mono spiral prior to the newer ultra sensing model, what's improved I don't know with the Ultra sensing version over the older one, it's likely the older model spiral you're seeing for the cheaper price.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

There was a Detech 11" Mono spiral prior to the newer ultra sensing model, what's improved I don't know with the Ultra sensing version over the older one, it's likely the older model spiral you're seeing for the cheaper price.

I’m torn between a detech 11 ultra sensing and 14 ultra sensing. Which one would run more stable on the 4000? 

I recently purchased the Detech 11'' DD AI coil for my 4500,as yet not done any serious detecting with it as i mainly purchased it for one roman trading villa site which is right next door to a massive pumping station,also have the Coiltek 6'' Mono...but the coil that i have been using the most on the GPX is the Coiltek 14x9 Mono its as light as anything because its foam filled and that mainly stays on the detector almost all the time.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I’m torn between a detech 11 ultra sensing and 14 ultra sensing. Which one would run more stable on the 4000? 

Don't know, haven't had that combination, larger one will pick up more EMI, so the 11" will likely be more stable for that reason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Don't know, haven't had that combination, larger one will pick up more EMI, so the 11" will likely be more stable for that reason.

The smaller coil would preform better in moderately hot ground? 

Do you have a good idea on the gold sizes found there?

31 minutes ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

I’ve heard of some big nuggets being found close by like several grams. There’s a nugget the size of a fist in the Smithsonian museum that someone found around in the early 1900s found probably 10 miles away. Some of it is embedded in quartz. I really don’t know anyone personally that prospects around here. It’s kept kind of quiet if they do. Most people relic hunt. There were over a dozen mines that were in operation up until the early 1900s within 10 miles of me. I expect most of the gold around here is a few grams and smaller. 

2 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Do you think an elliptical mono would run more smoothly on the 4000 light to moderate bad ground? Like the coiltek 14x9 elite coiltek. Or would the round 11 elite or 11 detech mono be ok? I like the price better on the detech monos but I know the Coilteks are top notch.