XP Deus 2 Stock And Modified Programs On A Deep Civil War Bullet.

abenson

Sorry this video is pretty long given it's just one target being dug. But I thought I would try out a bunch of different programs both stock and one's I modified to see how the Deus 2 would do on it. I used stock programs that had different KHz ranges on them so people could see the differences if any it would make on this target. I know some of you would have probably liked to see the Relic program at work here. But honestly it gave very similar results so I didn't film it. I tried to note or comment on what settings were and why I made them. So if you have any questions about something I missed. let me know and I'll try to address it. There were 2 targets in the area and I was originally going to film both but the video would have been 30 minutes long and it turned out the second target was at about the same depth as the one I filmed. This target is absolute fringe depth for the Deus 2 no matter what program is used at this site.

• The title was changed to XP Deus 2 Stock And Modified Programs On A Deep Civil War Bullet.

Interesting video. In my dirt the beach program on the Nox is superior in depth compared to the other modes.  My dirt on an F75 is no bars or one bar. Really good ground in my area. I just can't figure why beach would be so much better.

Do you think the D2 is a better overall detector compared to the Nox ?

1 hour ago, diggindaboot said:

Do you think the D2 is a better overall detector compared to the Nox ?

I guess that would depend on the definition of overall. 1st and foremost the D2 lacks coil options. So IMO that in and of itself is a NO for me. There are other things performance wise I don't like about the D2 either. But that's probably a discussion for a later date.

Nice instructive video, Thanks. What program were you using when you initially found the target?

It seems odd that in Ground Balancing, some programs balance out to low audio feedback & others don't while pumping the coil. Have you noticed a difference in how long different programs take to get stable Ground #s?

Overall seems like very good performance in moderate mineralization.

Abenson,

Thanks for the informative video. Just a few questions. Were you using the D2 when you found the deep bullets? The reason I asked is I felt like you had an idea that’s what the target might be and the D2 wasn’t really giving that information from what I could hear. 
 That appears to be the 11” coil, is that correct?
  You did well on removing the dirt and not disturbing the bullet which really reveals the actual depth. A 58 cal. bullet should be one of the easier ones to find at depth.  So, how would you say this compares to your other machines that you use in this area.
                              Thanks! Tom

1 hour ago, JCR said:

It seems odd that in Ground Balancing, some programs balance out to low audio feedback & others don't while pumping the coil. Have you noticed a difference in how long different programs take to get stable Ground #s?

Overall seems like very good performance in moderate mineralization.

Yea I'm not sure what's up with the GB. Doesn't seem to take too long, the GB usually takes 3 to 4 pumps.

Very happy with the performance.

49 minutes ago, Tometusns said:

Abenson,

Thanks for the informative video. Just a few questions. Were you using the D2 when you found the deep bullets? The reason I asked is I felt like you had an idea that’s what the target might be and the D2 wasn’t really giving that information from what I could hear. 
 That appears to be the 11” coil, is that correct?
  You did well on removing the dirt and not disturbing the bullet which really reveals the actual depth. A 58 cal. bullet should be one of the easier ones to find at depth.  So, how would you say this compares to your other machines that you use in this area.
                              Thanks! Tom

Yes 11" coil. No I wasn't using the D2 when I found the bullet. I'd rather not start a discussion about the detector that found the target initially at this time. More testing with the Deus 2 is needed before I make any conclusions. But yes I pretty much knew it would be a bullet.

19 minutes ago, abenson said:

Yes 11" coil. No I wasn't using the D2 when I found the bullet. I'd rather not start a discussion about the detector that found the target initially at this time. More testing with the Deus 2 is needed before I make any conclusions. But yes I pretty much knew it would be a bullet.

Abenson,

Thank you for the reply.  Agree 100% no need for anything else. I look forward to your findings on the continued testing of the D2. Thanks! Tom