To Me, This Is A Problem...

Jayhop

In short, I'm talking about the Deus II tones on deeper coins.

I mainly hunt farm fields where coins can go deep, so at times the depth of a detector is very important to me. 

I test all my detectors on three coins I have in my test garden. The nickel, dime and quarter are at 10 1/2 to 11 inches deep and have been buried for 3 years and 4 months. 

The stock programs on the Equinox 800 and the Deus II don't do well on these coins. 

With very few adjustments to the Equinox 800 each of these coins sounds very sweet. The ID is very close on the nickel, it's a little low on the quarter and jumps up on the dime. 

The Deep High Conductor program on the Deus II does very well on the dime and quarter as it should and does ok on the nickel but not great. This is using a 5 tone program. Using pitch they all sound better but the nickel is still a little broken. 

Using pitch isn't what I want to do all the time. The low conductors close to the surface cost me a lot of time because they sound really good. So I want a five tone program so I can hunt by tone and not have to check the numbers continuously. 

I discriminate to 6.8 and set the second tone break at 45 with a 100 HZ tone. 

The problem is that in all programs except Deep HC the dime and quarter IDs bounce back and forth between the 30s and 90s. This gives a very unpleasant tone. I don't see a solution.  

Any ideas?

Well I think the most obvious solution is use the Equinox if it sounds better. No one says you have to like the Deus 2 for every application. I will tell you right now, the Equinox is my preferred detector for deep coins. Totally my opinion and I'm sure some will not agree with me. But that's ok.

39 minutes ago, abenson said:

Well I think the most obvious solution is use the Equinox if it sounds better. No one says you have to like the Deus 2 for every application. I will tell you right now, the Equinox is my preferred detector for deep coins. Totally my opinion and I'm sure some will not agree with me. But that's ok.

I understand what you are saying. I really want to get away from Minelab products. Been using them for 14 years but I'm done. 

Why do you need five tones for two zones (nickels and high conductive coins)?  Are there other regions of the dTID spectrum you want to highlight?  If not then four tone regions will work.

6 hours ago, Jayhop said:

The problem is that in all programs except Deep HC the dime and quarter IDs bounce back and forth between the 30s and 90s. This gives a very unpleasant tone. I don't see a solution.  

Any ideas?

Personnaly I did not see any differences between the D2 and the Equinox on my bed tests ( a 3g bronze coin at 6" and a 10g copper coin at 12" ..)  For me the D2 and Nox depth perfos are identical or very similar, and I have very clean tones at depth with my D2 . But my soil is moderately mineralized.

Is your soil mineralized ?  That could explain the difference ..

I use the GENERAL or DEEP HC factory modes , just changing to 5tones SQUARE 

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

Personnaly I did not see any differences between the D2 and the Equinox on my bed tests ( a 3g bronze coin at 6" and a 10g copper coin at 12" ..)  For me the D2 and Nox depth perfos are identical or very similar, and I have very clean tones at depth with my D2 . But my soil is moderately mineralized.

Is your soil mineralized ?  That could explain the difference ..

I use the GENERAL or DEEP HC factory modes , just changing to 5tones SQUARE 

My soil is mild and using Deep HC the tones are clean on the dime and quarter. The reason for the clean tones in Deep HC 5 tones is that the IDs are very accurate. But Deep HC doesn't report very well on the Deep low conductors, tones are broken. 

I'm just trying to find a program that will work as well on all coins as the equinox does in my Park 1 program on the deeper coins. 

I’d try with the program 2. Also with lower reactivity. Sensitivity about 95. And remember to set the ground stabilizer on 1 because machine is deeper..

32 minutes ago, Jayhop said:

But Deep HC doesn't report very well on the Deep low conductors, tones are broken. 

Ok I understand better now . You have an issue with Deep HC low conductors ( nickels ) tones/IDs . I didnt do that test I will try that on my bed test