Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

I will reserve judgement and first wait what the new GPZ actually has to offer, before making any decisions about a potential purchase.

I just don't need anymore detectors after the Manticore, I'm just happy with my current detectors.  I'm certainly not bashing the GPZ 8000, I just don't want to buy another $10,000 detector, slightly beneficial or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, PSPR said:

For Americans, that date is December 1, 2022, not January 12.  Along with this non-descript video they stated,

"On 1.12.22 you’ll find out why it’s better the second time around."

No mention of the Manticore and unsure what they are referring to as the second time around unless they are comparing it to the Nox.

Anyway, we can probably take this as a December 1st release of the Manticore.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

2nd (and real 'shipping') release of M-core....

• Like 1

Minelab's announcement of an announcement has certainly accomplished their goal - Make it vague and confusing enough to get everyone talking about Minelab products.

I'm not fond of Minelab's marketing tactics.  It feels like a big game to them and I really don't want to play anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, PSPR said:

Minelab's announcement of an announcement has certainly accomplished their goal - Make it vague and confusing enough to get everyone talking about Minelab products.

I'm not fond of Minelab's marketing tactics.  It feels like a big game to them and I really don't want to play anymore.

Agreed. Hence why I decided to not post much about new products from Minelab, since everything is speculation. We know nothing about the Manticore even after watching some of the worst videos about it ? I rather just buy it and find out for myself. But that's just me. Kind of tired too with the hype, lack of information, and drawn out releases -  from all companies.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Agreed. Hence why I decided to not post much about new products from Minelab, since everything is speculation. We know nothing about the Manticore even after watching some of the worst videos about it ? I rather just buy it and find out for myself. But that's just me. Kind of tired too with the hype, lack of information, and drawn out releases -  from all companies.

I'm sure they read the posts on the 4 or 5 MD forums that still exist and it must make them laugh profusely to watch all of us chase our tails as they string us along.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I stopped watching other forums and stay here because of the people here. Way less drama. ? Even though we overly greatly focus on a new arrival, the threads do have some good value. Not much gets by the people here when it comes to new information. For that I am grateful. But the reality of how machines are released (or not released - as in the AQ debacle), I'm coming to grow weary of over sensitizing myself to the hype. I don't need anymore stress than I already have. ? As soon as I get mine I will post a little about it. As for what I can gather from the machine, I will probably be selling my Nox and CTX. The E Trac stays unless the Manticore scores deep silver better. Gotta love this forum for the knowledge that is available here.

I've got to agree with you about this forum.  There are a lot of mature, knowledgeable people here.  I appreciate the knowledge and insight they provide.  Alas, I am probably the least mature of the lot here.  Quite a feat for an old man.  :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The announcements of an impending announcement are a bit much. We going to get announcements of announcements of announcements next?

It'd be great if we just got 1 announcement of the actual machine, 2 weeks before shipping. But it's game these days I guess. I've learned a long time ago it's useless to try to tear down a brick wall by beating my own head against it. ?

• Like 4