Pewter Handle Id Help?

Been bit lazy posting stuff, mostly been coin and jewelry hunting and nothing spectacular to post. Earlier I started to hunt an area that had some old buildings at off the beaten path and was able to pluck this pewter handle out. Possibly ww1 era? Maybe a cane handle?

Thanks

68687234999__B755776C-FEFF-4F5D-9F4F-7775DA51C7A8.JPG

68687232849__DD164407-AF1A-4C95-B5CB-E6707E813528.JPG

68687189361__53B56FC5-3DAE-4CEA-9682-502BD104DA0C.JPG

68687237793__20C66CAB-EFC1-4167-A247-BC30DE966ACD.JPG

Nice job Ken, You always manage to wrestle out an odd find and that's pretty cool. Could be a cane handle or a carved petrified pickle Ha Ha. Whatever it turns out to be it's, something interesting for sure. Pretty sure you'll have an answer soon.

28 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Nice job Ken, You always manage to wrestle out an odd find and that's pretty cool. Could be a cane handle or a carved petrified pickle Ha Ha. Whatever it turns out to be it's, something interesting for sure. Pretty sure you'll have an answer soon.

I like relic hunting more than just coin shooting. I stumbled on the majority of my old coins while relic hunting.

Can you make out the text on it? That's a big help. Awesome find. Looks military.

If you zoom in on the pics you can make out some text. Might have to take a tooth pick to it and see if i can clear it up bit more.

I think civil war commemorative of some sort.   Grand army of the republic maybe. i see crossed swords, anchor, two guy's shacking hands.  Maybe a north/south convention item. Cane handle does sounds a good guess. Interesting find!

Cool find, kac! Yeah it does look like a CW commemorative item of some sort. It seems small for a cane handle unless it broke in the middle. I was thinking a pewter cup handle maybe.

Think it's Spanish American war commemorative piece. Seals are similar to this I found on the web.

2316048527.jpg

I can see Grand Army on the cane handle. That would be Grand Army of the Republic, a Union Civil War veteran's organization. GAR.

2 hours ago, JCR said:

I can see Grand Army on the cane handle. That would be Grand Army of the Republic, a Union Civil War veteran's organization. GAR.

Yup think your spot on that one, found this image of the cane. Good possiblility the rest is melted. I believe the original building had burned down at some point. I searched the area pretty well and did come across a small silver barrette. Area was heavily hunted over the years so pesky shotty primers all over. Their signals range from nickels to copper penny range so you got to dig them.

Thanks for finding that info.

s-l400-2424911007.jpg

68695108450__47069CDF-4E4A-447B-949A-A179FAF2A2BF.JPG

68695110119__AA605527-4B53-471E-8F8B-37D37D3131DA.JPG