Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Manticore November

midalake

5 hours ago, PSPR said:

But all this from Minelab got me to buy a Legend as a backup because I didn't want to buy a Nox and have the little brother to the Manticore.  I've mostly been home learning it because the weather here has been wet and cold the last two weeks.  I may get to a lake beach with it this week though.

Uh Oh !  Best not to let this leak out just before Christmas PSPR - Pretty sure you've just relegated yourself to the Minelab NAUGHTY LIST and will therefore get BUMPED to the back of the Manticore waiting line.  Minelab expects patience and LOYALTY from their dedicated customers.

Unrelated  - growing up, did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?  ?

UtahRich - 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

Uh Oh !  Best not to let this leak out just before Christmas PSPR - Pretty sure you've just relegated yourself to the Minelab NAUGHTY LIST and will therefore get BUMPED to the back of the Manticore waiting line.  Minelab expects patience and LOYALTY from their dedicated customers.

Unrelated  - growing up, did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act?  ?

UtahRich - 

Minelab will need to do a lot of sleuthing to figure out who I am from my unrelated moniker.   Texas is a big place to search.

• Haha 2

That's pretty cool you can see that import information, right down to the number of pallets that get imported, I guess they're using Singapore as the main shipping port for Malaysia, that's no surprise.  I'm surprised how few pellets of metal detectors go to such a big country though, sales are a lot less than I thought they would be.  I expected tens of thousands of detectors sold, not in the hundreds to low thousands every few months.

It was interesting there are two importers or their stuff, Minelab America's and JMW Sales. JMW is importing masses of Gold Find's rebranded as National Geographic Pro metal detectors like this one

https://www.amazon.com/NATIONAL-GEOGRAPHIC-PRO-Metal-Detector/dp/B01BP1E2WE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PSPR said:

Let's take a deep dive on Minelab shipments to the U.S.  Free data on this site shows two larger than average shipments in early November to the U.S.  However, they are from Singapore, not Malaysia.

https://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

This page shows those November shipments were metal detectors sent through the Tacoma WA port

https://importkey.com/i/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

Of course, no where are these detectors labeled Manticores and they could be anything from Minelab.

These are most likely warranty parts for the Minelab 6000...?

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Possibly Minelab is going to throw in a Go-Find with every Manticore purchase in December.  They are making these 2 for 1 detector deals on on some other detectors for December.  That could give Manticore sales a boost if they can make enough of them and get them shipped out in time for Christmas.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:15 PM, PSPR said:

Possibly Minelab is going to throw in a Go-Find with every Manticore purchase in December.  They are making these 2 for 1 detector deals on on some other detectors for December.  That could give Manticore sales a boost if they can make enough of them and get them shipped out in time for Christmas.

Manticore and Go-Find?  Can those even be in the same sentence?

• Like 2