Manticore November

midalake

It's all good, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment, they may get them out on time, they may not and if history is anything to go by they likely won't or if they do it won't be in any significant numbers due to the first lot being shipped by plane with much more costly shipping than by sea which the bulk of them will come by at a later date and most people wanting one will miss out on the early batch,  I'm certain they want to get them out by Christmas, it would help sales dramatically if they do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's certainly more normal for products to be late than on time, some products over a year late from when they said they'd come out. 

Aye Yai Yai!!!  If we are talking about a year from August 25th you'll find me in the Psych Ward early next year.

Maybe I should buy a Legend while they are cheap to tide me over if Minelab doesn't get the Manticore out this year.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Aye Yai Yai!!!  If we are talking about a year from August 25th you'll find me in the Psych Ward early next year.

Used Equinox 600s and 800s or a new Legend are ridiculously inexpensive right now. If the release is delayed and you can afford it, pick one up as a backup to the Manticore and learn how to navigate it. Resale value will be good on those detectors for quite awhile and they will keep you out of the Psyche ward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Used Equinox 600s and 800s or a new Legend are ridiculously inexpensive right now. If the release is delayed and you can afford it, pick one up as a backup to the Manticore and learn how to navigate it. 

Exactly what I am thinking, Jeff.  I'm still hopeful that Minelab won't let me down but I'll decide soon if I want to go that route.  I can see the wife saying to me, "you've got a detector you haven't used in years and now you bought two new ones?  Are you nuts?"  LOL

6 hours ago, strick said:

Sources have stated release is imminent and just days away 😁

strick

I hope so. My frigging Deus is on the skids, and I only got a short window.of time to get out,before I get slammed again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, strick said:

strick

you better be right or you and I are going to have words!!! 🙂

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yes they can, as Minelab controls the coil chipping, just like with Equinox. But I think Minelab may have seen the light on this, and will be more proactive in working with aftermarket people like Coiltek now, than they were with equinox.

I think another point to keep in mind is that MInelab sold oodles (make up your own number) of Equinoxes, it may have been the single most sold detector ever made. They really didn't have to open up the coil market to aftermarket people because even with it's limited selection of coils, customers were lining up to buy the Equinox. 

Given the price point of the Manticore, sales will be nowhere near what they were on the EQX, so that alone may incentivize them to work with the aftermarket crowd as it could potentially be viewed by Minelab as an enticement to sell more Manticores to those with special coil needs.  

• Like 1

Minelab are very good at making VLF coils, aside from the coil ear issues they're the best coils for the Equinox, if they were to broaden their range with a few extra sizes which I guess goes against their Minelab detector Vs Minelab detector policy there is really no need for aftermarket coils on the Manticore.  If they were to release a 17x13" like the CTX has and 5 or 6" round coil like the GM1000/Equinox has for the Manticore it would be totally complete for me, I'd not need any other coils nor desire any and I could likely completely retire my Equinox and Gold Monster, the problem is they don't want that..... they want us to need and buy other detectors in their line up. 

It seems Concentric coils on VLF's and other detectors especially Minelab's are a thing of the past which is unfortunate as the Gold Bug 2 and Whites/Garrett 24k concentric coils at least in my soils are absolutely awesome coils, I do not know why Minelab doesn't embrace Concentric coils, for anyone with a GPZ and a Concentric coil on it they're very aware of the benefits they bring to a platform that wasn't intended to use them, and the Gold Bug 2 even though ancient is unrivaled on fine gold, even by detectors like the Deus with even higher frequencies available at it's disposal.   I guess it's always handy to keep something in the tank for the day you run out of options.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, strick said:

strick

I hope you have a reliable source, strick.  It only been about a month since my order but I'm already hyperventilating.  LOL

Jeff, I read your recent Legend posts in the Nokta forum and I ordered a Legend with the pro pack and even got a little bit more off from the current crazy low price.  I noticed on the product page that it says Pre Order, Aye Yai Yai, (I like that phrase) I hope not that again.  I've got a message into them to see if that was an oversite or if it will ship next week.

• Like 2