Manticores Arriving?

PSPR

I'm gutted,

Hi Simon,

Just an update about your manticore pre-order. We received an email from Minelab today. Minelab cannot currently give us an ETA on manticore stock delivery for New Zealand. This is a global issue.

We have received your order and will be fulfilling orders as stock becomes available. Please let me know if you wish to cancel or change your order. We will endeavour to keep customers in the loop as further updates become available.

Thanks for your understanding on this pre-order item.

It's easy to pickup a Nox 900 but the Manticore remains a mythical creature to all those that are not on the promotion team 🙂

It is the first time I've purchased a detector through this particular dealer so I'm not familiar with how the process goes with them.

This is the email that I paid for my Manticore because of

Hi All,

As you might have heard earlier this week, the long-awaited Minelab Manticore has been released to the Australian market. Good news! We have stock en route from Minelab, and it is expected to be here by Friday next week. As promised we are sending this email to let everyone know of its arrival so they can place their orders. 

Orders will be first in, first served, and we aren't guaranteed to have enough detectors on the first shipment for everyone.

I can't help but wonder if there is a bit of artificial scarcity going on here as yet another marketing tactic. 

It's something that companies are doing in other segments of the tech world, in order to keep demand consistent and prices high, instead of doing a big release where everyone buys at once which causes demand to drop precipitously after release, which in turn makes them feel pressure to drop the price or start doing "sales" sooner than otherwise as a result. It also keeps the hype and discussion going much longer = more free advertising.

I haven't been following this one that closely I guess though, have they actually given a reason for why they had essentially limitless time before their arbitrary product announcement to manufacture stock, then somehow many months later still don't seem to have enough except for the bare minimum of shipments?

18 minutes ago, MrHusker said:

Get mine Thursday..  woot woot:

image.thumb.png.5d785c67ac736718fa94eaea1bb2592a.png

MrHusker, I saw your post this morning and ordered from Cabela's expecting to get a cancellation email.  But, I just got my shipped email from them too!  Thank you for posting that link Christmas is coming early this year!

To everyone else Cabela's never took preorders so when its available to add to your cart that means they have them in stock so ya gotta move quick. 

Maybe they fed them all to the big box stores and the dealers get left in the cold.

You either got lucky or are in for a disappointment.  I've checked Cabelas and BPS every day for the listing, including this morning...assuming this roll out goes like the Equinox in which BPS/Cabelas got many units vs dealers.  I never saw a listing until just now...but...Cabelas and BPS (same store) are notorious for listing out of stock items...sending shipping & order confirmation emails, and then later, sending emails showing the item has been canceled due to no stock.  I hope you guys got lucky but beware...they've done it to me many times on sale items, etc....let you think you got the items and then BOOM...canceled.

5 hours ago, MrHusker said:

Get mine Thursday..  woot woot:

image.thumb.png.5d785c67ac736718fa94eaea1bb2592a.png

Congrats.   But I personally don't mind waiting so I can get the dealer discount from MAP and the ML USA Veteran's 15% discount that the big box stores like Cabela's don't honor.  There's something to be said for having a personal relationship with a detecting equipment dealer you trust that makes the wait worth it.  I've gotten over the 10-year-old-kid-gotta-have-my-Christmas-present-now syndrome years ago.  Debacles like the MX Sport Launch, the Nokta Impact launch (in which I made the mistake of paying in advance to a big volume dealer) and 2018's Equinox launch (the Manticore launch is playing out the exact same script) cured me of that self-imposed aggravation and it also doesn't hurt that I have two pretty good detectors in the D2 and Nox who's performance somehow managed not to degrade just because the Manticore was announced.  I'd rather be out detecting than tracking container ship arrivals on a daily basis, though the "Blacklist"-like internet sleuthing aspect of that is impressive and I enjoy reading the updates. :cool: