Manticores Arriving?

PSPR

“I've gotten over the 10-year-old-kid-gotta-have-my-Christmas-present-now syndrome years ago. “

well Chase at 10 years old my father had been gone for over 5 years and we were so poor we didn't put up a Christmas tree.  So I'm happy that at the age of 55 I can be retired for 13 years and buy things like this.  If someone wants to buy something that makes them happy then have at it. I don't think that makes them spoiled or a brat 10 year old.  Maybe a death in family, economy, crime etc but sometimes people buy hobby items to just feel good and take mind off of the crazy things happening in the world.   Merry Christmas. 

I never particularly liked my CTX3030. It was not the 3030’s fault really, just the wrong detector for where I hunt. 

Melding Multi IQ with Target Trace and with outstanding ergonomics (compared to the CTX) in one detector would have me pretty excited too if I was a longtime user of both, so I hope you don’t have to wait much longer. 

Fortunately for me, the Nox 900/700 came out of nowhere with no build up or lead time and it seems to be more readily available so my anticipation level is basically zero even though I have one ordered. Like Chase, I am very satisfied with Deus 2, Legend and Nox 800 for VLFs.

However, if Minelab had done the rollout of the Nox 900 like their “can’t pronounce it” detector I would be going nuts. 

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

There's something to be said for having a personal relationship with a detecting equipment dealer you trust that makes the wait worth it. 

Or be a swinger and have a personal relationship with more then one...

strick 

16 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Debacles...

Isn't that an anagram for Cabelas??  😕 🤔

As defined, a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Otherwise a forum.  As a veteran of 10 years, 11B and 19D, I've seen a lot, and I did get my military discount...  I do my due diligence and like to share what I see or know, glad that someone attained a shipment from my sharing...  I can say I've been taught to throw a grenade, and might I add, I have been effective in that.  To throw shade, I never learned.  Merry Christmas

57 minutes ago, MrHusker said:

As defined, a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Otherwise a forum.  As a veteran of 10 years, 11B and 19D, I've seen a lot, and I did get my military discount...  plus...  I do my due diligence and like to share what I see or know, glad that someone attained a shipment from my sharing...  I can say I've been taught to throw a grenade, and might I add, I have been effective in that.  To throw shade, I never learned.  Merry Christmas

That's great news.  Thanks for sharing. So can you share if Cabelas is now honoring the 15% ML veterans discount vice their normal 5% veteran's discount?  If so, that's a welcome change in policy from when this came up 4 years ago on the Equinox and good news for those who have served.  Thanks for your service.  And congrats on snagging one from Cabelas with the military discount.

And, yes, since your informational post was quoted in my post as I was trying to, admittedly poorly, make a point regarding supply/demand and potentially paying a premium to "have it now."  My comment was aimed at Cabela's not you personally, because, as noted above, they have not historically honored the ML 15% discount (only their own 5% military discount) for ML detectors.  This is unlike independent dealers who generally do honor the ML 15% military discount (note that I would have no way of knowing whether you were eligible for the discount, especially since the invoice you shared showed no discount being applied, so again my com m entvwas aimed at Cabelas policy not your personal purchae).  I was also not trying to discourage information from being shared regarding M-core availability a Cabela's or elsewhere.  Regardless, I understand why you thought I was throwing shade your way personally with my post, own that and apologize, and having also publically served my nation for over 40 years in and out of uniform, hope no grenades are headed my way.  :smile:   

But, as you pointed out, this IS a discussion forum and I was also primarily  simply lamenting that ML, distributors, and independent dealers have been getting consistent shade here from impatient forum members because these machines are not yet in many customers hands, while noting (probably with too much of a holier-than-thou vibe) that I was sitting this one out.   Dealers have been impetuously accused of serving themselves with the new toy ahead of queued, paying customers and other folks are pondering whether ML is creating an "artificial" supply shortage to further spike demand.  This was the unfortunate byproduct of the gotta have it now impatience and the point I was trying articulate, but apparently failing miserably.  I was not begruding anyone from simply jumping on the Manticore early adoption train.

Just trying to stem the blame game and conspiracy theories for what we all should have known from past experience (see Equinox circa 2018) was going to likely be a choppy and protracted roll out as ML naturally, slowly ramps up the production line to peak productive efficiency (a process typically measured in months not days).  I think the only thing ML can be legitimately accused of is confusing folks by simultaneously announcing and launching the surprise, revamped 700/900 Equinox variants slightly ahead of the anticipated launch of the M-core.  Now everyone, dealers included, are left guessing whether the ML distribution shipment notices they are receiving contain Nox or Manticore boxes.  

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

I'm glad ya'll squeezed a couple of them out of Cabelas.  But I really think Minelab should help their dealers fill pre-paid orders first. Being as I'm a pre-paid orderer and all. 😅

On 12/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, jasong said:

I can't help but wonder if there is a bit of artificial scarcity going on here as yet another marketing tactic.

If they really wanted to squeeze every last dime out of us, I think a better plan would have been to keep the Manticore quiet and release the 700&900 first.  They could simultaneously (as they actually have done) discount the 600&800.  Those without an Equinox might choose the discounted models; those who owned and liked the 600/800 would buy into the new models.  Finally after that wave passed they could announce the Manticore.  Sure, that would p.o. a lot of people but as they (and more appropriately WE) have shown repeatedly, we'll grumble, bitch, moan, and pony up for the latest and greatest.  That's the power of monopolies.

IMO a more palatable hypothesis for what is going on is that they are cranking them out and shipping as fast as their factories can operate.  Lawrie mentioned in September that the Manticore was basically a finished product as far as hardware goes but some final tweaks were being applied to the software.  Although it may seem that building them early (Sept, Oct, Nov) and intalling the software last would be a slam dunk, in the real world things don't always just click away in such a logical manner.

I seem to recall that the Nokta Legend was released in about the same way, with a few getting out to selected VIPs by air and then the bulk started arriving by ship.  I don't think that detector has received near the demand that the Manticore has.

Certainly Minelab/Codan have brought some of these bad feelings upon themselves due to their history of (and continued) poor communication.  We're going to be left wondering why the 700&900 are being released almost simultaneously if their factories aren't able to blast out oodles of both.  But as others have noted (e.g. Chase just recently), some of us are simply impatient and we're going to make a fuss until we get our hands on one.  (And then another kind of complaining will begin.)