A Stroll In The Park With The Manticore

strick

5 hours ago, Dug D said:

Hi Strict, looks to be about 40 trash and 60 coins, ratio getting better, how are there so many coins left in your park?

Is the park mostly not hunted or do you think you are pulling coins that you and others missed

thanks

Dug 

Dug I don't really know but most of the targets were at the length of the Lesche blade (7") or deeper so maybe thats why as others may be using machines that are on the fringes of that depth. Also there are lots of houses here so maybe that scares off others. Also this is a different park than the other two. But then again it could be my experience and skill that come into play 😂 

strick 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, strick said:

Dug I don't really know but most of the targets were at the length of the Lesche blade (7") or deeper so maybe thats why as others may be using machines that are on the fringes of that depth.

Hi Strict, I agree, I would bet the Manticore hitting that range easier (it should) and in your first week of using it.

I should have asked if your park dates before the 1950s, I would have expected some silver popping up if you are catching what was missed before.  I'm sure no one hit those clad dimes with an ID and passed on them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dug D said:

Hi Strict, I agree, I would bet the Manticore hitting that range easier (it should) and in your first week of using it.

I should have asked if your park dates before the 1950s, I would have expected some silver popping up if you are catching what was missed before.  I'm sure no one hit those clad dimes with an ID and passed on them.

Yep these are parks that were built in the late 60's...I rarely find any silver coins in any of them...Silver and gold rings I do find so thats why I hunt them...full of trash and tiring but fun to get out...I need to take this machine into the hills and see how it does in and around nails. 

strick 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 3:56 AM, NCtoad said:

Hey Strick

thanks for the review!   I gotta question:  can the manticore reliably (that’s the key word here), tell the difference between a clad dime and a copper memorial penny?   

After digging many Lincoln memorials and clad dimes now I'm gonna say no. The numbers are close together plus the Manticore numbers like to jump around here...but this in my dirt...if you find out otherwise please let me know. 

strick 

• Thanks 1

Park hunt numbers 4 and 5 with the Manticore. Still no gold. Funny when you're really trying it doesn't show up. Anyways I wont be posting on this thred after this last post because theres no use in me sorting out junk any more for a photo op. Posting this last hunt just so if there are any newbies out there what you're up against if you're looking for gold rings in urban parks. On this last hunt yesterday morning I was at a ball field and got a couple deep bigger high conductors...was thinking maybe an old house used to sit there because I found an old belt buckle with some engravings on it...kinda cool I'm gonna hit a relic spot full of nails this week if I get time and get away from the aluminum for a bit. 

strick 

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

• Like 5

Be sure and let us know how well you & the Manticore do in the nails on the relic hunt.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, strick said:

Park hunt numbers 4 and 5 with the Manticore. Still no gold.

The gold is coming, strick.   You know it and I know it.

Merrill (Metal Detecting NYC on youtube) got his Manticore and took it to a park he and other detector friends have hunted profusely.  Only digging deep targets he found a large man's wedding ring on this first outing with the Manticore in that hunted out park.

• Like 1

Just now, PSPR said:

The gold is coming, strick.   You know it and I know it.

Merrill (Metal Detecting NYC on youtube) got his Manticore and took it to a park he and other detector friends have hunted profusely.  Only digging deep targets he found a large man's wedding ring on this first outing with the Manticore in that hunted out park.

yea I watched that video last night If I remember right it hit in the 60's? I kept talking to the TV... run it back over the coil so I can see the VID...makes sense as it was a big ring...a  zinc penny ring. That was a long video did not watch it to the end so I don't know what he did after he found it. You wont be disappointed with the manticore. The small coil is gonna be a must have. 

strick 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One last photo shoot cuz I wanted to show how well that belt buckle cleaned up.. pretty sure it's silver...I have seen old silver that looked like garbage but cleaned up nicely before. The little silver earring I'm showing for fun. It's  little over a gram and was an honest 7 inches deep...the M-Core sniffed it right out. 

strick 

thumbnail (12).jpeg

thumbnail (14).jpeg

thumbnail (13).jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, strick said:

I wanted to show how well that belt buckle cleaned up.. pretty sure it's silver

They came up a treat strick, lovely finds and a top job cleaning them up.

• Like 1