Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Just now, GB_Amateur said:

Wasn't that long ago you could never find silver coins....  ?

? That's been the case for the most part. Chase got one in this farm last time, I didn't. The going there is very tough, machine gun iron and junk in the line behind the farmhouse.

Silver Slayer works as a great coin shooter, others have posted proof of that. It made it easier to get coins in another one of my sites, even a melted unrecognizable 2/3ds of a silver dime. ? It also hits on many of the usual suspects, beer can tops and steel tubing. Most of the big trash in the photo came from using it. If the detector hits in the 86-90 range it's a dig.

These farmers have been very generous to me, I intend to reward them somehow. ? This last one is a major coup, some very old stuff happened in that area. I now have permission to everything surrounding the center of activity!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

You found Scarface !

?

I had to go and take another look at the photos because I thought that I had  missed something.Anyways very clever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Wow!   That’s a great hunt!  Two Indian head pennies, a nice sized silver coin, a large cent and some nice relics!  Nice goin’!

Thanks NC. First silver of the year for me, but the Matron large cent gets a "hell yeah" from me. ? Didn't expect that one, shows that at least nobody knew where the old house was, this was about 100 yards from where I found that 1694 Twopence.

I'm still trying to get a date range on it. ? I'm thinking 1830s. The bottom hair was different.

The IHPs were in pretty good shape!20230116_203038.thumb.jpg.e344c70ef043de5d6d43876bfaef2d79.jpg20230116_203011.thumb.jpg.9f8ae38b47e098d1d7bd6c1462b696e1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Congrats on finds!!!  Hard to beat the SS program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PI-Man said:

Congrats on finds!!!  Hard to beat the SS program.

Thanks!

For finding coins (and high ID trash) in a super trashy site, it sure is! Not so hot in the relic spots tho. ? I've got a much better one for that IMO. ?

• Like 2