Three More Hunts Yields Some Keepers

Nice finds again and I am just waiting for warmer weather to be able to get out there.

Good luck on your next hunt.

16 hours ago, Sirius said:

you have more luck than I do! I'm only finding silver, but it's always a welcome surprised nonetheless! Did you find the gold on the wet?

If you’re finding silver you are really close to the gold. Most of the stuff I’ve found is on the wet part of the slope during low tides. I used to hunt the dry sand when I started the hobby. After a while I found out the dry sand gets hit pretty hard where I’m at so your chances are slim to find anything good. If you are new to the hobby I recommend doing some Google search, there’s a lot of great info out there. I spent lots of hours doing research, watching videos and going to the beach before I started getting some decent results. I am still rather new to the hobby so I have a lot more to learn. Good luck out there.

36 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

If you’re finding silver you are really close to the gold. Most of the stuff I’ve found is on the wet part of the slope during low tides. I used to hunt the dry sand when I started the hobby. After a while I found out the dry sand gets hit pretty hard where I’m at so your chances are slim to find anything good. If you are new to the hobby I recommend doing some Google search, there’s a lot of great info out there. I spent lots of hours doing research, watching videos and going to the beach before I started getting some decent results. I am still rather new to the hobby so I have a lot more to learn. Good luck out there.

yeah i'm new too, 3-4 weeks in and i'm up 10 silver rings, maybe a gold earring but man i've not found any more gold after that. I've learned that stuff tends to consolidate in areas for quite a while until changes occur like sanding in, or even more erosion. You'll just keep finding more stuff in hot spots until they stop producing basically. Alot of my rings were discovered in generally the same areas.

5 hours ago, Sirius said:

yeah i'm new too, 3-4 weeks in and i'm up 10 silver rings, maybe a gold earring but man i've not found any more gold after that. I've learned that stuff tends to consolidate in areas for quite a while until changes occur like sanding in, or even more erosion. You'll just keep finding more stuff in hot spots until they stop producing basically. Alot of my rings were discovered in generally the same areas.

I don't know how many hours you have hunted in those 3 to 4 weeks, but 10 silver rings sounds like you have some good areas to hunt!

7 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I don't know how many hours you have hunted in those 3 to 4 weeks, but 10 silver rings sounds like you have some good areas to hunt!

I picked up another one today! But the beaches are running dry. Most are sanded in now, and the beach that has given me a ring every trip is small. I'm pretty much having to thoroughly search it to find a ring IF i'm lucky! I need another storm to wipe out the sand so I can find more stuff.

15 hours ago, Sirius said:

I picked up another one today! But the beaches are running dry. Most are sanded in now, and the beach that has given me a ring every trip is small. I'm pretty much having to thoroughly search it to find a ring IF i'm lucky! I need another storm to wipe out the sand so I can find more stuff.

Like I mentioned before , the guys that consistently kill it have 10 , 20 years or more pounding the surf. Not gonna happen in 2 or 3 years let alone a few months. But you are on your way. Study and research are key. By now , you should have figured out that your small beach is done. And you can't always wait for a storm to hit. Move on to another beach ! Be willing to explore and travel. GL