2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another great hunt in the books for you, some day the city where you hunt is going to come by and ask you for their history back to put in the museum.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL, I pretty much plan to leave all this to the counties, hopefully my wishes will be honored. I've got some pretty good records of where I found it all, legally of course 🙂

Farm hunting is quickly coming to an end this year, gotta get going on finding some more yards to hunt and get ready to go to the beaches.

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, great finds again, F350! Of course the coins are to die for, but that star is awesome and looks really, really old. The brass s-shaped thingy reminds me of a trigger guard on a small flintlock pistol or pepperbox. Well done again!

Thanks!

The "Reaper" program is really working out for me. 🙂 I think Chase found a similar star shaped object close to where I got that one. Most of this was in a small area very close to an old road that no longer exists. We pretty much walked all around it, I just blundered into the spot ðŸĪŠ hope I blunder more here!

Gotta get that Farm Hunting 101 article going, still putting it together in my head. 😀 A few of the farms I have under my belt have old roads, just have to get to them.

Cool find that vintage sunburst celestial star maybe off of some horse tack. The curved trigger guard looks more like a candle holder part? Nice work!

strick

3 hours ago, strick said:

Cool find that vintage sunburst celestial star maybe off of some horse tack. The curved trigger guard looks more like a candle holder part? Nice work!

strick

Thanks Strick!

Could be either, for sure these boys loved their shotguns, but it's possible.

I'm not sure if the star is a valuable relic, but I am pretty sure it's horse tack decoration stuff. The verdigris is pretty bad so maybe I'll tumble it before trying brass cleaner, it may come out great just doing that.

Just bumping up reactivity on the D2 when I'm in a patch like that, even with the 13", I'm pretty confident that if I come back with a smaller coil I probably won't find much more. It tends to snag stuff on the edges, and the sweet spot is right under the XP logo just ahead of center.