New Permission Made Me Go To An Old One (update 2)

Interesting assortment of finds. Looks like George Washington on the spoon handle. Quite a few War Nickels posted on the forums lately.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JCR said:

Interesting assortment of finds. Looks like George Washington on the spoon handle. Quite a few War Nickels posted on the forums lately.

Thanks JCR,

I've found two or three of them myself lately, newer detectors seem to hit them better 🤔 

Oddly mine showed up as a 63, not the 85 the others were.

A small update on what I thought was a lapel watch:20240321_095530.thumb.jpg.8c6a3efba4be52c9ec9842099da167f7.jpg

It's a Ketcham and McDougall retractable eyeglass or pencil chain, ca. 1903-1920.

20240321_095443.thumb.jpg.a4a8e6fc519ba5a62eae55e94e80ad7a.jpg

Here is a nice one, this person didn't have it engraved:

IMG_4902_2000x.thumb.jpg.171e4ee324f90b0f69c458c6f683e15f.jpg

This one had the older logo but the newer clasp:764189955_fullsize.jpg.8afb63af8632b5dd0e5fd0f9af9fef6e.jpg

ax_KetchamMcD_899.jpg.97926b379c80095efa13bfc21083f93d.jpg

I really like researching stuff I find, I'm pretty sure the chain is all rusted up inside.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to New Permission Made Me Go To An Old One (updated)

Nice first hunts on a new permission. Them winds can be brutal sometimes. They are the same way beach hunting, you are out in the open. But you ended up with some silver and more cool relics, so a good hunt. Sometimes farms are scraped of some top soil to sell. Maybe that's what happened many years ago and they took a lot of the goods with them. Although, if you have an excess of iron, then it was probably cherry picked for high conductors.

Did you get hungry while you were out there? 😄 You didn't have to take a bite out of that Lincoln cent. What did it ever do to you? 🤔

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Did you get hungry while you were out there? 😄 You didn't have to take a bite out of that Lincoln cent. What did it ever do to you? 🤔

Isn't that how you check to see if it's real? 🤔

After 2 hours of walking around the field and crossing it diagonally, I had to have a bite. I heard nothing but the occasional big iron blast. 😅 Spent another hour in another part and found even less.

Going to go back there and check the other half on a better day, that was too much walking for nothing. 😵 At least I had the smaller field next to it that had plenty of stuff. 🙂

• Like 2

Excellent research results for an interesting item. That is half the fun and what brings the past to life, making it real.  Thanks

• Like 1

That is starting to look like the trash I bring back…😄

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Geologyhound said:

That is starting to look like the trash I bring back…😄

Yikes! Starting? If this area wasn't so full of broken bits of everything, but had so many interesting bits as well, I wouldn't dig all non ferrous. 😅