Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Another Day At The Big Farm With A Friend

F350Platinum

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well, congrats again, you certainly got something to crow about! ?

Thanks Cap'n, no silver this time but I thought the finds interesting and in some cases old enough to post, the stamped buckle is probably 1800s, but the spectacle is much older. The diversity of finds in this farm is incredible, and should be. ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unox said:

Well done guys, I love the big open field congrats on the finds. ?

Thanks Unox, it is a very big old farm. The original land grant was 3300 acres, this field is about 500. I was glad to find anything of interest, but after over 6 miles of walking I should have found something. ? That view from the top of the hill is unusual here, this is all coastal plain. I wish I could have done better with the photo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This also explains it, and more accurately I think, as the parts for that sort of tool would be long gone.

Please thank your wife for me! I think she nailed it. ??1880s-English-Brass-Pastry-Tool-Weston-Table-SP.thumb.jpg.b715030b6d670475cbbb186221a56054.jpg

We had one of those in our misc kitchen stuff drawer that my mother had for as long as I can remember. I never knew what it was. After yours and JCR's post, I told my wife that I finally figured out what that weird thing in the drawer was. She just looked at me and said, "Well, duh"... ? I'll never figure out why women assume we know what they know. ?

• Haha 2

We men would be better served to not assume women know what we think we know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cheddar said:

how you like that phoenix shovel? thinking about getting something new. been running a lesche 31" t-handle for as long as ive been detecting

It's a Predator Raptor "D" handle. 11" blade gets you to the finds fast. ? I also have their T handle Barracuda which only digs 6". Far less intimidating. ?

They're very tough shovels and cut through roots like a hot knife through butter. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice hunt F350! And a beautiful day for it. Six miles of swinging the coil is no easy feat! Good thing you swing the Deus.

Thanks LC. I can't say enough good about that detector, for sure anything else would give me muscle cramps in my arm. Sadly Relic season is winding to a close. ?

31 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It's a Predator Raptor "D" handle. 11" blade gets you to the finds fast. ? I also have their T handle Barracuda which only digs 6". Far less intimidating. ?

They're very tough shovels and cut through roots like a hot knife through butter. 

I have been using the Predator tools Raptor for years and it's the best shovel for New England woods. ??

Nice Hunt!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1