Dumb Luck But I’ll Take It

5 hours ago, The Seeker said:

This particular spot didn’t have anything special about it but I decided to grid it. I started finding a few coins, some pennies mixed with quarters and nickels. Around an hour later I hit the small 14k ring with 12 diamond chips.

Sounds like skill to me! ?

• Like 2

Great read with some very nice finds, and if it is bent, broken, or just off the showroom floor it is still a ring.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Can't beat getting gold and silver.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Seeker said:

Would you counted as a ring or just a piece of gold?

I'll turn the question around to you and other jewelry detectorists:  how many ring finds are sold for more than bullion value?  Does it only count as a ring if it actually brings (in a real transaction) value over bullion?

Your Franklin half probably only has bullion value, given its condition, even if it's a scarce date+mm.  It's still a silver coin, right?

Quite a successful hunt!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Busted up gold is just that. I've always counted it as a piece. But hey , Gold is Gold !

In the past I have counted it as broken ring not an actual one. I just wanted to see what others counted them as.

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'll turn the question around to you and other jewelry detectorists:  how many ring finds are sold for more than bullion value?  Does it only count as a ring if it actually brings (in a real transaction) value over bullion?

Your Franklin half probably only has bullion value, given its condition, even if it's a scarce date+mm.  It's still a silver coin, right?

Quite a successful hunt!

There’s a lot of people that count even silver and other non precious metals as part of their ring count for the year. I was just wondering on this forum what pieces of gold rings were counted as. I personally, only count gold rings.

As far as silver coins, if it’s as a whole even if thin I count them. If it’s broken/cut in half I don’t count them. When it comes to Spanish silver, I don’t have to worry about it since I will probably never find any as a beach hunter ?

• Like 1