Just Starting Out - Canton, Ohio

unknwn

I'm only -JUST- getting started in the detectorist hobby, been interested for a LO0ong time, but just recently pulled the lever on a machine of my own.

A fellow came by a few times to probe my grounds with a Minelab 800, and though it was sorta' impressive, I felt that something with more of the details worked out was where I needed to point my buying decision towards.

I live on the remnants of a family farm with a house and cluster of buildings that are 197 years old this year. I have nearly 10 acres of property adjoining a creek bed that was native American living and hunting areas for ?? before the homesteading occurred.

The choice I made a few days ago, prodded on by discounts and points/cash accumulation at Cabela's is the Minelab Manticore.

Several reasons I opted for the expense of the Manticore revolved around the terrific upgrades over the 800/900 series detectors, and I'm hoping that a chance to learn it all from the word 'GO', and not having to -un learn- previous iterations of the software/hardware. 

Looking forward to the information I'll find here, and sharing my experiences as a neophyte with a 1st rate machine,

Charles Linder  -unknwn- Canton (Pro football Hall-of-fame city) , Ohio  

Welcome aboard, Sounds like you have a great place to start out on. You will pick up a lot of info about the Manticore here for sure. Don't forget to post your finds so we can enjoy it with you. Good luck on your outings!!!

Sure wish the smaller coil would be readily available. Working around building foundations and plantings could be a bit challenging. 

Cleaning up yard debris will be high on my 'gotta do's' for sure.

Some of the larger buildings with stacked stone foundation have had some middlin' size tonic bottles pushed out by burrowing animals, and there were always coins and such found by my parents through the mid-20th century.

My siblings were always convinced that my Dad buried loot around the property. Glad I won't be competing against their poking around anymore, but I'm certain there's more than a fair share of trash around, so it will be challenging.

Glad I've got a machine that has programmable discriminating capabilities.

Lot's to learn.

Welcome and good luck with all of your endeavors.On the odd and rare occasion one of you cats that are just starting out end up finding a gold coin or some other Amazing bucket lister type of item for most on the first outing.Not a joke seen it happen TWICE.

Welcome from East Texas. Sounds like you have a really great piece of ground to learn on.

Welcome aboard unknwn !

Are you the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show ?🤪

Either way , you just struck the mother lode of knowledge on hunting for things in the ground ! 

"Carry on my Wayward Son".....🖖 live long and prospect.