Former Resident Of Arizona

Mike Furness

I just wanted to let people on this forum know who I am ... I have posted on other forums over the years. I have been prospecting and mining since 2003 when I got my first gold detector ... I have had treasure detectors since about 1989 I think it was ... I moved to AZ when I retired from my real estate career on the seacoast of NH in 2011 and lived there until last July when I moved back to NH at the request of family. Family thinks a 74 year old man 🙃 is incapable of living far from the 'group'! 🤣 Anyway I became very involved with gold prospecting a met a bunch of great people along the way. I've found what I consider my fair share of gold with various detectors ... GP3000, GPX4500 & 5000, GPZ7000, SDC2300, Equinox800, GM1000 Milabs and a few other brands from Fisher and Whites. I even taught folks how to use them for awhile while affiliated with a couple Minelab dealerships. But mostly I just enjoyed camping and hunting down specks of gold and sharing a meal and a couple beers with great like minded folks. My other love is tournament bass fishing out of a kayak ... but that will have to be a story for another day. I use my real name on the forums so people know who I am if and when we meet  in person. That's part of my story ... and I'm sticking to it! 😁

Hey Mike, Glad you joined up. Sounds like you have a lot of experience to share. I'm looking forward to your posts.

Welcome aboard Mike !   Always room for another .

Make yourself at home .  

Concerned family calling you back home huh ?    Ask for a concerned volunteer to go prospecting with ya !  😜

Welcome to DP Mike, I do recall you working with Bill Southern, again welcome on board

Welcome from East Texas.