Copper Rivets?

Found two of these today, and one at another site a while back.  Every one has the back shaft bent over in a hook shape.  These are both stamped C G Hussey & Co PGH PA.  I know this company made copper goods including copper rivets.  I am guessing they are a copper rivet?  If so, anyone know how they were used? 

Thanks!

8CEC98B1-9FBC-4946-B7E2-BCD4C0E1F5C9.jpeg

332A4090-00E3-4FD0-ACCF-F15103DA6394.jpeg

Looks to me like they are either studs for leather or those paper collars men used to wear.

I've found a lot of those in one of the turn-of-the-century Nevada ghost towns.  May have something to do with roofing or siding attachment, but definitely not sure, just my usual WAG.

Thank you all!

Thanks for posting, Geologyhound, Againstmywill, and dodog. I found a bunch of those near an old demolished railroad station and couldn't figure out what the heck they were. They sure sound sweet in the ground and masquerade as IHPs until you pop them out. 🙄

I have dug those at certain sites. I believe they were used to fasten Slate roofing tiles. The house I lived in as a teenager used those & one of the sites I have found them has a standing Carnegie Library building with original Slate roof.