Not Much Interest In USA Units Lately

It's more than seemingly smaller lesser known companies are producing better more advanced detectors by far than the much bigger companies from the US.  Outside of the US the detectors from the US are more insignificant than they are to people in the US.

Just saying as an outsider looking in, it's different to being an insider looking out.  It's easier to buy a Quest here than a Garrett or First Texas machine, in fact First Texas no longer even has a dealer and the Garrett dealers never had any stock.  I'd find it easier to get a Rutus than an F75.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Brands out of Europe often get forgotten such as Rutus, they've made detectors far beyond any US manufacturer and they rarely get talked about, that indeed shows how far the US manufacturers are behind the ball when brands in other parts of the world although far superior aren't even mentioned.    If Garrett came out with the Rutus Atrex people would be super impressed.

This towers over anything a US manufacturer has released in the VLF space lately.

Rutus.thumb.jpg.60215b519fd1492b96c93714c528b9c5.jpg

atrex2.jpg.667756c59adcde945ac633c0436caa8d.jpg

It really does demonstrate how far behind US manufacturers are though when a detector this good is not even on many peoples radar in the US.

I have always wanted to try one of these. They seem to be very good from what i have watched on YouTube 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Just saying as an outsider looking in, it's different to being an insider looking out.  It's easier to buy a Quest here than a Garrett or First Texas machine, in fact First Texas no longer even has a dealer and the Garrett dealers never had any stock.  I'd find it easier to get a Rutus than an F75.

Agree.  It may really be too late for the US manufacturers to get back in the game.  There are also niche players in the US with interesting and different approaches to detector design such as Tarsacci.  But they are small and niche so difficult to gain any significant market share or make a splash except for a few dedicated fans.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The key being not technology so much as finding and gaining access to the shrining number of sites that produce finds.

...or the seemingly newer trend of not wearing gold or diamonds, but wearing no jewelry, or alternatives / replicas that look just as good, at a fraction of the cost. Then the fact that circulating silver coins haven't been in production for about the last 60 years, get more and more out of detection range, and most people now carry little to no pocket change. 

When all of that is taken into context, as well as Xp, Nokta, and Minelab completely saturating and dominating the coin / relic / jewelry market, then perhaps Garrett realizes that unless they come out with a game changing detector for that market, then forget about it. By "game changing", I mean something like the ability to distinguish between gold and aluminum (which won't happen with IB technology), or some sort of true imaging detector. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Digalicious said:

...or the seemingly newer trend of not wearing gold or diamonds, but wearing no jewelry, or alternatives / replicas that look just as good, at a fraction of the cost. Then the fact that circulating silver coins haven't been in production for about the last 60 years, get more and more out of detection range, and most people now carry little to no pocket change. 

Yep.  Agreed.  I Mentioned that in my previous post.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep.  Agreed.  I Mentioned that in my previous post.

Yes, you posted that while I was writing my post.

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

An affordable, safe, and compact imaging detector.

Safe? Ya, the technology needed would probably also require radiation protection 😁

Hmmm. That would be one way to clear a beach for our hunting desire. That is, wear a safety vest with a huge radioactive symbol on it. lol

• Haha 3

I think that in the last 10-12 years, American detector manufacturers underestimated European detector manufacturers,,, who produced really good detectors that equaled and even surpassed the detectors of American manufacturers.....mainly after lateral unmasking in iron,,but also deep separation.. . what does it mean to find other new targets on the explored terrains...

This eventually translated into the results for the companies m Tesoro and Whites ..which ended their activity..

As one of the Rutus Atrex testers, I know where the current technological level is... European manufacturers... and what results such detectors can achieve... even though I have a sufficient number of American, European and Australian detectors in my portfolio /26/ ...

Minelab also realized this... did not underestimate it... and came up with the development of Equinox, which turned out to be a successful detector...

I think that American manufacturers still have a chance to succeed... if they start working seriously on improving their detection technology... but it's high time to start doing something...

• Like 2

Just one more 2 bits ( oh no ).... I think that American detector manufacturers should quit outsourcing their production before they try too hard to compete.... How many Tesoro & Whites knock offs' were out there before these companies went belly up... Even now there are Garrett & Bounty Hunter knock offs' galore... Why seriously improve or re-invent detection technology.... If it's gonna be re-produced and sold in mass as a more efficient knock off... Let European manufacturers have their Hoorah for now...  And quietly sit tight developing and building one detector at a time if necessary... In House... ☺️ 

make.jpg

I don't have much of a dog in this fight, but that said, I think what Chase mentioned about "polishing the cannonball" is right on the money. I'm completely satisfied with my Whites detectors, for what I mainly do in this hobby, though must admit I've always missed owning a Fisher GB 2....LOL

Jim

• Like 1