Some Thoughts On The New Ver 1.0 Ability To Change Max Fmf For Any Factory Program

31 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also, the manual input of Custom Programs works but is tedious without a full keyboard for alphanumeric character inputs.

On the long-term wishlist:  Either provide a means to enter custom programs via phone or computer interface.  

That would be a very welcomed addition. Maybe on the D3. Add a computer interface to edit and back up programs, replace the current charging method with something better (magnetic?), move the coil mounting point to the center, and put on a functional stand. I’d be thrilled.

Yep to Chase’s original post.  There’s a lot of redundancy with Sensitive, Sensitive FT, Park and Deep HC.  With all parameters set equally AND having the max frequency set equally, they’re the same program.  Unless I’m missing something. 

I realized this after loading silver slayer and then silver slayer in park and then reading Chase’s post.  Before the update, I had SS with Fast as the base and another SS with Park as the base in adjacent slots. All other settings were the same.  That way I could compare signals.  Doing this now with the same max frequency setting makes the two programs identical.  

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I did not have any problems updating 2 pairs of them yesterday, but I did try to connect them today and could not. I was trying some other methods and ran into that. Could be because they were already updated 🤔

Went thru the update again last night, starting with step 3 plug into computer port and boom, update installed and phones paired with with RC and WS6 no problem. Maybe the update did not install the first time ? Another issue my friend has is, he has a set of black widow phones for the Deus, from detector pro. He swears that with version .71 they would work with both PWM and square tones but now with version 1.0, he only has square and is not able to use PWM or high square. Anyone out there got a set of these phones? I suspect they never did use PWM as he had only a few days before update and was still starting the learning curve. I will check the wiring on the pins today.

I see a lot of significant potential in V1.0.  I particularly like the max frequency adjustment capability.  I foresee that being useful on the beach.  Having said all that, it will take a new round of experimentation on my part to zero in on the settings that suit me and my hunting environment...and that experimentation starts today.  I'll post my findings/settings along the way.  I'm also looking forward to reports of other's experimentation efforts.

Since relic hunting is not my wheelhouse, I'm particularly interested in relic experimentation so I can get a head start on the next trip to Tennessee and my daughter's new property.  😉

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

Another issue my friend has is, he has a set of black widow phones for the Deus, from detector pro. He swears that with version .71 they would work with both PWM and square tones but now with version 1.0, he only has square and is not able to use PWM or high square. Anyone out there got a set of these phones?

I do and the PWM and Square tones would work in the old software.  How are his wired? My are wired to the bone phones output. 

3 hours ago, midalake said:

I do and the PWM and Square tones would work in the old software.  How are his wired? My are wired to the bone phones output. 

Confused.  I thought if you wired the phones to the bone phone pins then that locks the remote into Square.

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Confused.  I thought if you wired the phones to the bone phone pins then that locks the remote into Square.

I am on the bone phone connection. However, there is 3 distinct different tones when the machine is in Pitch, Square and PWM. I never really compared it to the speaker, but I can next time!  

7 hours ago, midalake said:

What pins are you calling bone phones as it is not possible to have PWM with the bone phone connection ? It will be either 1 & 2 or 4 & 5. Which two are you on ?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Carolina said:

What pins are you calling bone phones as it is not possible to have PWM with the bone phone connection ? It will be either 1 & 2 or 4 & 5. Which two are you on ?

Thanks

I did not wire it. Tony Eisenhower did. 

27 minutes ago, midalake said:

I did not wire it. Tony Eisenhower did. 

He must have wired it to the regular headphone pins on the sealed remote connector, then.

That multi-pin connector supports bone phones which has a connector that is keyed to the bone phone pins on the remote connector, this tells the remote to only provide square audio.  You can also wire up regular speaker or piezo submersible phones to the same connector on a different set of pins and the remote will provide both PWM and SQUARE audio out.