Quiet Here? V1.1>>?

midalake

A lot of the V1.0/1.1 update was correcting and adding some missing features on the WS6 Master like a zero notch setting and tracking ground balance that made XP look kind of silly when they claimed earlier that the WS6 Master had virtually identical features as the main remote.

I am trying to get used to High Square audio and the Silencer settings. I am still experiencing a lot of falsing on wet moderate to highly iron mineralized dirt in my area. Natural and manmade iron falsing even using v1.1 is pretty bad (not as bad as the Equinox 900) so more to come on that.

The target IDs are also a moving target depending on ground balance and what frequency an EMI noise reduction frequency shift chooses. Setting notches like for Rattlehead's Silver Slayer is not as exact as it was using 0.71. More to come on that too.

No change in FMF Goldfield's insensitivity to sub 0.5 gram and smaller gold nuggets and micro gold jewelry.

I’m a relic hunter, don’t use notch and even bottle cap: looking for little targets and I dig everything from early 20s to late 80s TID. Bottle cap only in the beach, shore and first 80cm/1m  water wearing waders ...but I live about 70 miles from the sea so I go mostly in the countryside. Last weekend stayed at home because of lot of rain but I have to come back on hematite to set up a custom program which is promising. I’m studying audio filter which I consider a very nice feature and silencer as well. Talking about mild soils I’ll have to study new full tones feature..

I'm liking 1.1 OK. Took it out about a week ago to a silver mining camp where the mineral bar on the meter was maxed out. Used a program based of Fast with bottle cap reject 2, Silencer up to 2 and notch at 10. Worked pretty good IMO. Didn't find any coins but I did find a lot of relics. I'm really not that concerned about the ID on most items as I'm generally digging everything above 40 at those types of sites anyway.

I am very lucky I did not have a lot of miles on the other software ver so upgrading didn’t really effect me since my machine is fairly new.  I have not been dis-appointed so far other than getting over the small learning curve which really isn’t that bad.  Machine is performing well for my conditions.

My main wish for the update was to reduce the iron falsing. Still not perfect but it is now much better for me in my very mild soils. Like a few others on this thread, I am working through combinations of settings to get the optimal performance. In my case I am wanting to find DEEP iron masked targets. The D2 is pretty deadly right out of the box on the shallower masked targets. Those deeper ones are still a challenge. Overall I am happy with V1.10, but I am looking forward to the next update and the improvements it will bring.

8 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Speaking of relic hunting... I did score a really neat relic over the weekend. A brass boot spur! I had found plenty of pieces in the past, but never a whole one.

I'd like to see that one, I've found some spurs but none with the rowel. 🤔 Congrats.

Got out for a longer time today, I'll be messing with V1.1 relic hunting all week. It's another great place like home with no mineralization to speak of, ground balances typically about 78-80. Easy to dig sandy loam. 🥳 I've pounded the heck out of this place over the last couple of years but there are a lot of places to look. I'll get to try every bit of the D2's capability if I get the courage to go in the brackish water. 🤣 Just have to stay out of the woods at night because there's a bear here. 😬

So far I've found that audio filter when pushed to 5 makes most aluminum make a broken "brassy" sound instead of a pure tone, I was able to call every piece of can slaw I dug for the most part, but I'm back doing that again because you really have to when you have a new release. Also running Silencer low and discriminating iron now, I can confidently say they have improved that.

Like Chase I'm digging everything pure sounding over 40, and a solid 62 today turned out to be a brass or maybe even gold ring. I'm gratefully more able to tell the difference between nickels and pull tabs.