Quest V80 News

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not really “bad” as far as I’m concerned, the 6”, 10x5”, 11” and 12x15” cover all my bases quite nicely.  Not really wanting for anything beyond that and have no use for the other two Coiltek “boat anchors”.

My dream would be a 17x13" like the original CTX coil  or a lighter 15" round coil (not the Coiltek heavyweight) for deep coin hunting with a Nel Snake 6.5 x 3.5 for prospecting for my Nox or now more so my Manticore as my Nox may not get used much anymore.  I'd also snap up a Detech 13" Ultimate if I could as it's one of my favourite everyday VLF coils and I'd use that coil a lot, to complete my set for the Manticore I'd also love a Detech Arrow 18x4" on it,  All the coils I want the most I can't have 🙂 To have these coils I have to have a range of older model detectors and can't use my best detectors that I want to use.

The 10x5" Coiltek is the only good aftermarket Nox coil for me, I'm not a fan of the other two so if I had choices in brands I could likely get a better larger coil and possibly an even smaller coil.

So fingers crossed Quest get some decent coil support from the aftermarket, and if they do I may just move across to Quest from my Manticore. 

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

So fingers crossed Quest get some decent coil support from the aftermarket, and if they do I may just move across to Quest from my Manticore. 

Simon - I edited my post to note that Detech currently makes accessory coils for Simplex+ but not Legend.  Don’t know if that portends whether Detech which makes coils for the Quest Q series will have the permission or ability to make coils for the V series.  Guess we’ll find out.

In an increasingly competitive market with many detectors with similar features and designs from various brands it would set them apart from the rest, a real point of difference and attract many buyers I would think.

On 6/10/2023 at 2:17 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Also, it has not actually been confirmed that Quest has decided to not distribute the V series in the US because of an explicit threat of litigation

On 6/10/2023 at 1:13 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

There seems to be an assumption that Minelab is the abuser here, when in fact Quest (Deteknix)

On 6/7/2023 at 5:22 PM, DSMITH said:

and he is checking with Quest, there is more than one way to skin a cat

Could it be that the Quest V series does not comply with FCC guidelines/requirements? 

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Could it be that the Quest V series does not comply with FCC guidelines/requirements? 

Well in my mind it has been confirmed, Andy Sabisch which is one of the U.S Testers of the V80 in a private conversation has pretty much confirmed that it is due to Mine Labs recent lawsuits against XP and Nokta and pretty much stated in that conversation that Quest did not want to deal with that crap, he also stated that quest is not in a suit, and just does not want to take the chance, that they would end up in litigation, so like I said Andy Sabisch pretty much confirmed the reason he even posted up on face book, what I am saying also two other dealers that sell Quest products, said they also received letters from Quest stating as much that is due to the recent Law Suits 

30 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hadn't heard that.  Purely a "business" decision from what I can tell.

Agree, doesn't make it an easy pill to swallow though

Hopefully this isn't a trend for the future of detectors from foreign companies going into the US market.  Obviously Quest is out, who knows how the Nokta thing will end up, it will put brands like Rutus off ever trying to sell into the US.

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

Hopefully this isn't a trend for the future of detectors from foreign companies going into the US market.  Obviously Quest is out, who knows how the Nokta thing will end up, it will put brands like Rutus off ever trying to sell into the US.

US Market is different in the types of target conductors we detect. Europe low conductive hammered. US high and mid conductors. Possible chage in the software is just a guess for the delay?

Serious Detecting which has been a seller of the entire Quest line of products and detectors for many years, has the Quest V60 and V80 detectors on the second Quest products page of their online catalog. Currently they are listed as "Sold Out" but prices are included: $599 US for the V60, $699 for the V80 with one coil, $799 for the V80 with 2 coils.