Manticore Accessory Coils

I remember, I've read under some YT video, that Minelab will release CTX successor at the end of the year. It should be named Minelab Ultimate. Maybe, they are working on this, and Manticore is on another track?

Doesn't make sense. But all of Minelab's steps, mentioned above, don't make sense...

6 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Yes, when the coil is wet and you decide to work the dry, the sand accumulation does add some weight. I find myself turning the coil sideways and gently bumping it on the beach to shake some of it off.

I'm wondering how much heavier the 15" will be. I noticed they aren't using the extra bracing, so maybe it won't be too much heavier.

I have the Equinox 15" coil and the Manticore 11" is not much different to swing at the beach, although the 11" is a bit better. 

I suspect that few people will complain about the two coils being much different. I looked for a while and could not find any weight specs on the 11"or 15" coils. 

I got my Manticore Jan. 10th so I have been waiting on the smaller coil a long time. So long that I have just quit fretting about it.  I don't have ultra mild soil. I'd say 80% of the places I hunt the soil mineralization would be medium. I don't get these excessive fluctuating I.D.'s with my Manticore. I can't speak about the 900. I can call silver dimes from clad dimes more times than not. Even clad quarters from silver quarters. So what do you guys mean exactly by jumpy I.D.'s?

I need to film what I'm seeing with jumpy ID's and show a comparison to the Equinox 800, I just don't have time at the moment, I'm building myself a Cabin for my detecting gear and that's taking up every single day that the weather is fine which is almost done and ski season kicks off this weekend so detecting takes the back-burner for a few months.  I intend to get a few nugget hunts in on days when it's not too frozen but I doubt I'll be using my Manticore or Equinox until spring now.

Here's what Dankowski said about the coil delay. Directly from his forum:

Tom-----What is the reason for this delay in getting Manticores out (in users hands)?----Has it got to do with Minelab implementing this new update?----Manticores have just been very slooowly trickling in to dealers.----Have even heard now that there won't be anymore coming to dealers until sometime in July.------Del

Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE
June 19, 2023 04:03PM
Del........ the true bottom-line is: DEMAND
The demand for this detector has been the highest......... since ML history. And............ even to the point whereby............ accessory coils production...is 'on hold'....... until we can get this SUPPLY/demand issue resolved on the actual unit itself. (Accessory coils are a 'secondary' concern...... compared to 'primary' ""actual unit"" production).

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Here's what Dankowski said about the coil delay. Directly from his forum:

Tom-----What is the reason for this delay in getting Manticores out (in users hands)?----Has it got to do with Minelab implementing this new update?----Manticores have just been very slooowly trickling in to dealers.----Have even heard now that there won't be anymore coming to dealers until sometime in July.------Del
Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE
June 19, 2023 04:03PM
Del........ the true bottom-line is: DEMAND
The demand for this detector has been the highest......... since ML history. And............ even to the point whereby............ accessory coils production...is 'on hold'....... until we can get this SUPPLY/demand issue resolved on the actual unit itself. (Accessory coils are a 'secondary' concern...... compared to 'primary' ""actual unit"" production).

Brad - thanks for providing that link.  Much appreciated.  Access to Tom's forum has been spotty of late and frankly, the way its laid out is severely dated and makes it difficult to follow and find information.

However, I'm not buying into what ML is saying because the view from the outside kind of contradicts that statement.  First, if it's a supply-demand issue, why did they decide to simultaneously take on Nox 700/900 and X-Terra Pro production which utilizes and exhausts many of the same hardware components and consumes precious assembly line capacity and resources at their manufacturer in Malaysia? If anything, the problem is not external demand but an internal self-inflicted wound.  I seriously doubt (but can't prove) that the Manticore demand, at its Price Point, is higher than Nox was at its peak in 2018, and while accessory coils were delayed there too, based on similar release time frames, accessory coils should have been released by now.  If demand is so high, and supply chain management so challenged, then why take on additional demand and models that would just exacerbate the problem?

Despite ML's claims, they seem to have no problem feeding the beast at Cabela's and other big box retailers at a 50 detector per shipment clip, because big box can move vast quantities of product faster that individual dealers.  Note also that ML does not have to directly subsidize their advertised manufacturer US military discount like they do with individual dealers, because Cabelas does not participate in that program as they have their own.

I think the bottom line is that coils simply do not bring in as much revenue as detectors so as long as ML can focus on cranking out Manticores, Nox's and Xterras they can make money hand over fist and since they've already captured the Manticore buyer, there is no hurry to get the accessories out, because in their misguided point of view, having accessories available on day one does not accelerate detector sales.  I disagree and think it is a poor business decision and is sort of a slap in the face to Manticore buyers to keep dragging their feet on it.  But it is what it is.  All I can say is don't hold your breath waiting for those coils to hit the streets as they apparently aren't even willing to project a release date at this point, 7 months into the release of the Manticore...and nine plus months after simultaneously announcing the Manticore and the accessory coils, with photo renderings.

46 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

All I can say is don't hold your breath waiting for those coils to hit the streets as they apparently aren't even willing to project a release date at this point, 7 months into the release of the Manticore...and nine plus months after simultaneously announcing the Manticore and the accessory coils, with photo renderings.

I hear ya Chase. I'm not as anxious as some to get the new coils because I'm having a ball with the 11". I understand that some really need the smaller coil due to iron infested or heavy brush covered areas or just wanting it for gold prospecting.

I don't really NEED the 15", but I want it for my beach hunting. I'm trying to imagine how hard it may be to swing in the water chest deep, or how much heavier it will be to swing in the dry compared to the 11". So....I want it, but I can wait while entertaining myself with the stock coil.

Manticore and 900 have been readily available from UK retailers for weeks now so No more having to go on waiting lists. So his comments on demand do not add up in Europe !   that just seems a lame excuse.

It would be nice to have coil options. But I'm not that worried about it since I still have the Equinox 900. I would say I use an 11" coil 90% of the time anyway. If I need depth I switch to a PI, if I need separation I grab the Deus 2 with 9" coil. I really find it hard to believe the Manticore is the most sought after detector in ML history, at least here in the US. I know people that wanted one but have now said no way after seeing some of the videos on YouTube. I've got 2 friends myself who have decided to pass on it after using mine for a few hours.