First Bucket Lister

MFF18B

For the past year, I have been predominately spending time in areas where I know there are coins to try to teach myself how to use my detector.  In my part of Ohio, there are no clubs close and I didn’t know anyone who detects, so through information gained on this site and trial and error, Ive tried to teach myself.  After finding several hundred dollars worth of clad last year, I decided this year I would focus on older homesites to try to start finding older items.  Couple days ago, a friend and I went out to a mid 1800’s permission and I found a bucket lister, a civil war box plate.  There are very few civil war locations in Ohio and those are protected so I figured the chances of finding anything civil war related, was very thin.  I also found an 1874 Japanese 1 Sen coin, about 10 feet from it.  Although the box plate is a little beat up, its easily the best day detecting I’ve had so far.  So, thank you to everyone for all the expert help and advice. 

B2ADE248-D9AC-4184-8BBE-7E21E340FC4B.jpeg

DD9292B2-5191-4B37-A38F-EA8F795F88AB.jpeg

FEF1E3CA-5F6E-4007-9721-830DD9142D08.jpeg

More of this please! 😀 Congratulations on two spectacular finds. The Deus 2 is a relic machine. Great stuff. 👍 Man I miss relic hunting, all my farms are planted. 🥲

@F350Platinum  I went to Digstock in March and thought that I might finally get a chance to find something Civil War related, but no luck unfortunately.  So when I flipped my plug over and saw the U, I was a bit stunned and thought it was a buckle until I cleaned it up.  It’s been a good couple weeks, we’ve also pulled an 1865 2 cent piece and a 1833 Large Cent.  The D2 has really stepped up recently.  

Fantastic 

• The title was changed to First Bucket Lister