What Version Do You Like .71, 1.0 Or 1.1 And Why??

bigtim1973

1.1. Because of very nice features. I like  1.1 and have to come back on the field with the 9” to test a new relic hunting program. 

I’m still using.71 but have heard enough to convince me that 1.1 would be a worthwhile update. Reasons I haven’t yet are 1- I hate hate doing updates for fear of complications ( I’m not great with computers) and 2- .71 has been serving me quite well. 

46 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

I’m still using.71 but have heard enough to convince me that 1.1 would be a worthwhile update. Reasons I haven’t yet are 1- I hate hate doing updates for fear of complications ( I’m not great with computers) and 2- .71 has been serving me quite well. 

If you have a dedicated metal detector store around they might do it for you, I know mine would whether you bought it there or not. Don't blame you at all for fearing complications. I've worked with just about every type of computer for over 40 years and still worry something will go wrong. 🤪 

7 hours ago, relicmeister said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with going with what works for you. V0.71 is working fine for a lot of people, but if you want to take it to the next level, V1.1 is it. Once you learn the differences in a few of the settings, it will perform for you every bit as well as V0.71, but with many new and enhanced features, so there will be a slight catch-up curve, but it won't take long to get a handle on it.

And if you just don't gel with it, you can always go back to V0.71. Just make sure to write your V0.71 custom settings down before you update because V1.1 will erase those.

Also you may want to read through Chase's extensive thread of people's impressions, ideas, and recommendations for the V1.0 & V1.1 updates. Just remember everyone's comments tend to relate to where in the world they detect, so pay more attention to the ones that are closer to where you are for more similar results.

Might give it a go later in August when my wife will be away for a week and I’ll have lots of time to myself. I did the .71 update with my work laptop and it went ok- this one I’ll do at home on my Chromebook and I haven’t heard about too many updating issues. I do like the idea of the new audio features.