Nokta Pulse Dive And Discrimination

Am I correct that the Pulse Dive has no discrimination whatsoever, even between ferrous/non-ferrous targets?

Are there any other mini-snorkeling detectors that could compete with the Pulse Dive?

Cheers!

The Pulse Dive does not have any Discrimination capabilities. The soon to be introduced Nokta Accupoint supposedly has Ferrous/Non Ferrous Disc and will be dive capable to some extent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only discriminating pinpointer I have is the Minelab Pro-Find 35, and it hinders depth quite a bit when you enable discrimination, a bit like some detectors in all metal vs disc mode I guess.  It's not really a desirable feature to use given it's performance loss and the discrimination capability isn't overly impressive.

The Pulse Dive isn't a discriminating pinpointer, although it is pretty good as a water pinpointer, especially with the coils on it, I've not heard anything about the Quest, the local dealer sells them but I don't know of anyone who's ever bought one, it doesn't discriminate either from memory.

The new release from Minelab, the ProFind 40, might be just what your looking for.  Minelab claims that it is 10% deeper than the 35 was, it discriminates between ferrous and non-ferrous, and has new rapid retune.  I'll post the link to video segment from Minelab.