Best D2 Accessory?

damatman88

53 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

The advantage is universal with any coil. It's extremely rigid, even more comfortable than the XP shaft (if that is possible), it's a bit longer for us taller folks, and it has by far the best retaining rig for the remote I've seen. The cuff is beyond good as well.

That sounds like the whole shaft/unit.----I thought we were talking about just the lower shaft---guess I mis-understood.

2 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

That sounds like the whole shaft/unit.----I thought we were talking about just the lower shaft---guess I mis-understood.

It is. SteveG's rig is made of round tubes. XP stuff isn't compatible.

There are a couple of small caveats, for total transparency. You can run the waveguide completely through the shaft, but if you do it will not shorten completely. The only way to get around this would be to drill a hole and slot out the remote mount so that the waveguide passes all the way and comes out under the remote like I did with my WS6 Master.

Fine sand gets into the larger tube which scratches the inner one. No big deal really.

A shorter waveguide such as the black one that just came out or the older Deus waveguide work great for running through the tubes.

For the type of detecting I do, I'd say the 280 Backpack, MI6 pinpointer and the controller armband are 3 things that make my hunting more enjoyable. Though I do wish they would make an armband specifically for the D2 controller. It's a tight squeeze getting it into the D1 armband.

The more I think about it, I do like the WSAII a lot also. Allows me to use the WS6 on another rig if I so choose. And as same as F350, I also like to hear what's going on around me. 

Next to the WSA6 1/8" headphone adapter, my second pick is the WSAII XL headphones. Those are one of the reasons I chose my D2 over the Manticore as my new detector. Having wireless rainproof over the ear headphones for me as a beach hunter is invaluable! 

On 7/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, D&P-OR said:

Is there an advantage over with Steves carbon fiber shaft (over the stock shaft) when using the D2 with 9" & 11" coils (land hunting)?----Or is Steves shaft mainly for use with the big coil?

I'll also add to the Colonel's and F350's replies that Steve's D2 Shaft has nice large feet under the arm cuff so it won't fall over when you set it down to pinponit or hand dig a target. 😎

Mi6 and Mi4 pinpointers, I have both but don’t pair the Mi6 bc I don’t like that it shuts off the detector while using it. I almost got Steve’s shaft but held off bc I already have separate shafts , one for 11” coil and one for 9” which I keep in separate backpacks, although it’s still on my wish list. I like the very well made 3-D printed remote holder available thru eBay. You can’t lose the remote and enables you to easily remove the remote to put in a wrist ban holder ( i modded a remote holder myself which works great). I also just put glass screen protectors on the remote and WS6

( which also has a wristband made from the commercial XP one but I improved on with an elastic wristband)

I like all the options you have in how you configure your Deus 2. I’ve had A couple other detectors since getting the D2 but they were just being passed by in favor of the  D2 so now they are all I have

(I consider it two detectors- remote D2 and WS6 D2, or 9” and 11” ) because of the 2nd shaft- which is also an add-on accessory. It’s the lighter Orx shaft. 

Like many I’m waiting for a small elliptical coil, and wouldn’t an 8” concentric be a great accessory to try?

I have to add one more to my favorite accessory list. I got a replacement control mount for the top of my shaft from Steve G. It locks the controller on with a little clamp. It's really intended for his round shafts, but it fits fine on the OEM shaft.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:31 PM, F350Platinum said:

It is. SteveG's rig is made of round tubes. XP stuff isn't compatible.

There are a couple of small caveats, for total transparency. You can run the waveguide completely through the shaft, but if you do it will not shorten completely. The only way to get around this would be to drill a hole and slot out the remote mount so that the waveguide passes all the way and comes out under the remote like I did with my WS6 Master.

Fine sand gets into the larger tube which scratches the inner one. No big deal really.

A shorter waveguide such as the black one that just came out or the older Deus waveguide work great for running through the tubes.

You hit the same negatives i have. Which are all minor. I use his shaft at the beach and it is killer. The counterweight is great if your arm is prone to getting tired with the 13 inch coil.

I 100% will buy all future accessories and shafts from steve. Actually just bought a cf handle for my stavr scoop today and it was all based on Steve's superior customer service. He does great work and puts in a lot of effort to care for his customers.

3 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

Actually just bought a cf handle for my stavr scoop today and it was all based on Steve's superior customer service. He does great work and puts in a lot of effort to care for his customers.

My two beach scoops, one heavy stainless and the other titanium, are both on Steve's handles. 👍 I'd like to get a 5 or 6 foot one for river hunting but they work great at the beach. 🙂

To all who have commented --

I appreciate your feedback, and am so glad that you all seem generally pleased!

Thank you!

Steve