Need A Little Help On New Whites Pinpointer

tvanwho

Actually, I like my trx, it has great depth and I also like that the tip is very directional as this makes pinpointing and finding the target pretty easy and the ground grab works good to quiet things down when it gets a bit chattery... My sensitivity is set to 3, guess I could turn it down, but like I said it is hitting pretty deep on 3.

The TRX is my favorite hand held pin pointer.   I run it at 3 sensitivity, vibrate mode.

It took a little bit to learn the light touch the switch likes but once I got that down it was good to go.  It has the sensitivity to tiny that I wanted, EMI free (unlike my PI probes that are often times un-usable in my sites), the depth I require and I like the quick ground balance and detune features.

Just turn it on, touch the ground, give a light touch to the switch to ground balance and pinpoint, give another light touch to the switch to detune it, press and hold a second to turn it off and I'm done.

The LED is a bit dim but I only use it to tell me when its on or off.

It does interfere with certain detectors but since I don't walk around with it turned on I only hear it when using it.
Give it a bit of time and it will grow on you.

HH
Mike

• 3 months later...

I am also really interested in the Whites TRX pin pointer , it sounds like a lot of these users have no idea how to operate there very simple Whites TRX , Deteknix makes some newer pin pointers the Wader and Diver , but there tech does not look to be as good as our pin pointers the Garrett or the Whites but the Makro and Nokta look like good products also !! Same company different name and color ! Anyone try the Makro ?