Detech Coils From Bulgaria

I have bought several  Detech coils for my mxt pro and really like them 4.5"dd, 6"dd and 8x6 sef-dd. I also bought a detech coil for my gpx4000 a long time back, it was ok but not as good as NF evolution coils for the pi.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 3:31 AM, Tony said:

Sorry can’t help you with that one. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Detech coil for a White’s detector. Didn’t White’s commission Detech to build coils for them?

Yep, White's did so.😎

On 7/30/2023 at 11:19 PM, Cascade Steven said:

I am still in the learning phase about coils and have a question about Detech coils.  Has anyone conducted a test or field test of Detech coils vs Nel coils vs other after market coils vs stock coils, especially for any of the Whites instruments?  I am especially interested in results for the TDI series or Goldmaster 24k?  Just curious.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry for the delay and I'm not helpful for what you're asking about the TDI or 24K but... I own 3 Detech coils (7" Ultimate, 9" Ultimate & Arrow) and all perform better than the stock coils (compared to the 4x6, 6x10, 10", 1400, 950 & Super 12).

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

EDITED. So sorry, I had the wrong end of the stick so to speak.

This is about Detech not sending to UK, not Thrace. 

I will paste exactly as in email:

"Hello,

we don't ship to UK anymore.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Kindly Regards
Antoniya Nikolova

Professional Metal Detecting Equipment
www. detechdetect.com"

• 2 weeks later...

As an update.....

Detech had confirmed via emails that the 15x8 mono coil, the 11" and 12,5" were compatible with the TDI SL so....

I visited https://www.thrace-detectors.com/15x8-mono-minelab-gpx-detectors?search=15x8&description=true

and went through the purchase process and paid with PayPal.

Confirmation of payment by email from PayPal immediately, but no confirmation of purchase by email from Thrace metal detectors 10 hours later.

My suspicion is that I wont get the coil. There is only 2 hours time difference.

I wonder why they no longer like the UK, I bought my Detech Arrow from Thrace but that was probably 12 months ago now, I can't even remember how long ago and they shipped to New Zealand no problems.

17 hours ago, Roger said:

As an update.....

Detech had confirmed via emails that the 15x8 mono coil, the 11" and 12,5" were compatible with the TDI SL so....

I visited https://www.thrace-detectors.com/15x8-mono-minelab-gpx-detectors?search=15x8&description=true

and went through the purchase process and paid with PayPal.

Confirmation of payment by email from PayPal immediately, but no confirmation of purchase by email from Thrace metal detectors 10 hours later.

My suspicion is that I wont get the coil. There is only 2 hours time difference.

I think you'll get your new coil right before x-mas....hopefully.🤞

Good Luck

Just had a notification from PayPal to say that Thrace has refunded me for the 15x8 coil as it is no longer in stock.  Obviously they hadn't updated their website.

I have purchased from Thrace in the past, with no issues.

I will go look again at what they have that I can use on the TDI.

Still looking for a 14x8 Digger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:19 PM, Cascade Steven said:

am especially interested in results for the TDI series

I own an 8" mono for Tdi/Gpx

I just love it...

If you're not hunting in or under the water like me it is perfect, cause it floats like hell otherwise 🥲.

I'll do some mods to remove air and fill with epoxy the coil inner space for my TDi BH.

• Like 1