Ring Recovery From The Darkside

My hunting buddy, Richard,( @walkerrj ) is a member of Ringfinders and he lets me tag along on some of his recover missions. Last week he told me, "We have amission and it's a strange one! Are you in?" "Well of course!", I replied. After all, many ring recovery missions can be strange. We did one in the mountains where a lady lost her wedding set in or near a chicken coop after a snowfall. That was fairly strange. We found that one, BTW. So how strange could it be? He then told me the ring was lost in a local cemetery. Okay, that's probably up a level on the strange meter.

Luckily I know the cemetery manager, having installed security cameras in the small chapel there. So late in the day a few days later, we met up with the young man who had lost his wedding ring while visiting his mother's grave. We had to meet him after he got off work and when we got to the cemetery the office was closed and it was just an hour or so until the cemetery would be locked down for the night.

So off we went to see what we could do to help the young man. We asked him when he had lost the ring and if he had an idea where it may have come off. He said it had been a week earlier and the was an area about half the size of a football field. Well I was hoping this would be a fast recovery without any unnecessary digging for obvious reasons.

We split the area in half and Richard took the mother's grave area and I took the area along the road heading from where he had parked the week before. Well about 15 minutes, 2 bullet casings, and a lug nut later, I hit the black Tungsten band barely visible under the deep grass. Needless to say the young man was very happy to have his ring back and said his wife would be very happy as well because she had engraved a special message in it for him.

So the ring was recovered, the guy was happy, the wife was happy, and we were happy too. Of course, as many of you know, the feeling of returning a ring never gets old, but we were also happy we got it done in time so we didn't have to spend the night in the cemetery! 🏛️👻

RingFind-1.jpeg

RingFind-2.jpeg

Excellent.

Anytime you return a ring you done the right thing. Over the years it’s been my pleasure to give back to someone that thought that band was lost forever and see the happiness on their face to see it again.

Chuck 

Good on ya Cap'n! 🏆 Is this your first where you were the one that found it?

Sentimental value of any object tops what it is made of. Glad you made some people happy. 👍

Great job on the fast recovery of the ring.

Girlfriend and I have spent a few nights at a local cemetery and it was very peaceful to say the least. Nobody to bother you, or complain when she got loud before we went to sleep. I just make sure that we don't set up the tent on a grave, I just don't like to have the sleeping bag on top of someone.

Out in the country there are some nice cemeteries that actually have bathrooms, and running water for your information so there are a few of us that will camp on the property.

That's awesome. You will be rewarded 10x's for your efforts. 

11 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great job on the fast recovery of the ring.

Girlfriend and I have spent a few nights at a local cemetery and it was very peaceful to say the least. Nobody to bother you, or complain when she got loud before we went to sleep. I just make sure that we don't set up the tent on a grave, I just don't like to have the sleeping bag on top of someone.

Out in the country there are some nice cemeteries that actually have bathrooms, and running water for your information so there are a few of us that will camp on the property.

Thanks VL! This is a city cemetery in a rough part of town, so it's not safe at night there. That's why I volunteered to install a security system (that I donated) in the small 100 year old chapel which gets broken into regularly.

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Good on ya Cap'n! 🏆 Is this your first where you were the one that found it?

Sentimental value of any object tops what it is made of. Glad you made some people happy. 👍

Thanks F350!

I've actually found a couple of them, but this one in November 2021 was my first!

Awesome job Sir! Sounds like a daunting task hunting for a lost ring in a pretty big grassy area. I think it was meant to be.