V80s Are In Canada

DSMITH

16 hours ago, Magic12 said:

No bottlecap iron testing

No, no have bottlecap reject (which works very well on the Legend) but you have Ferro-Check too. In gold mode it is spectacular.

I like that in BEACH mode you can choose a Simple Frequency and not always have to go in Multi...

It also allows 'SF' at 20-40-60 kHz in GOLD mode.

The software is in its infancy, they ship it with version 3.0. I'm sure they will update later...

Here in Europe, the Q35 is now available.

Not much longer, let's see who is the brave one who jumps into the pool first...with the new V series.

It look very nice.

I like the option (thanks to the gyro) to unify the VDI numbers according to your swing.

The top package with 2 coils, good headphones and wireless module costs €799.

What do you think?...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2023 at 6:35 AM, Sal.D said:

Do not patents run out after 7 years ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_of_patent_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Under United States patent law,claimed (excluding provisional applications).

“Under United States patent law, the term of patent, provided that maintenance fees are paid on time, is 20 years from the filing date of the earliest U.S. or international (PCT) application to which priority is claimed (excluding provisional applications).”

On 10/14/2023 at 8:49 PM, Magic12 said:

Does it compete with legend 

quest claims it’s better

but no videos yet very strange

Yes the V60 V80 will probably compete with the legend . Quest makes very good products ( I have tested the Q30+ , the X5 and I currently use the Quest Xpointer max ) .  For example the X5 or X10 are probably the best detectors for beginners at the moment , ultra light, excellent electronics at very affordable prices  .

However the Quest commercial/marketing/after service network is weak compared to Nokta , ML or XP. This is why few people know the Quest products .

• 1 month later...

The Quest v80s are in NZ now, not sure when they arrived as I haven't followed it but I'm surprised how cheap they are.

Quest V80 Detector (dredgenz.co.nz)

If I wasn't just buying another PI I'd be buying one to try it out, I like the how high the frequency can go.

• Like 2

Get real guys.

As much as you, and admittedly I, want to believe in wishes, this detector is just yet another SMF detector that will (or should), perform about the same as any other SMF detector.

In other words, YAWN.

• Confused 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:26 PM, Digalicious said:

Get real guys.

As much as you, and admittedly I, want to believe in wishes, this detector is just yet another SMF detector that will (or should), perform about the same as any other SMF detector.

In other words, YAWN.

Mosey on back to your associated part of the forum then, I've never seen two SMF's from different brands being the same in performance even when one mirrors the other, each have their positives and negatives, some more positives than others.  The Quest has attributes I think may be beneficial, and I welcome their efforts to bring another SMF to market, they haven't tried to replicate another brand, they've made their own detector with its own features and frequencies, prospectors may appreciate its higher frequencies too, time will tell.

Questv80.jpg.335696b76a3f085e1322ee5bb2d7f77d.jpg

V80 Spec:

• Frequency (kHz) – 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, 60 HYPERQ
  • Programs – Park, Field, Beach, Gold, Cache (deep) + 20 User slots.
  • Tones – 2, 3, 5, 99
  • Gold Mode – Special Gold Theme.
  • Iron Volume – 9 levels
  • Fe/NonFe Bias: Yes
  • Recovery Speed – 1 to 9
  • Noise reduction: manual, auto
  • Ground balance: Auto + manual pumping
  • Power – 1 to 5
  • Display: 2.7″ B/W LCD, 400 x 240 pixels
  • Battery: 5600 mAh
  • Wireless Headphones – WireFree Pro Bluetooth
  • Coil – 11×10″ and 9×5″ Blizzard II
  • Telescopic stem – Carbon Fiber Round
  • Waterproof Loudspeaker, Detachable
  • Haptic feedback vibration
  • Fully submersible to 5 meters.
  • Flashlight
  • Rechargeable
  • Firmware Upgrade: Yes
  • Weight 1.40kg (3lb 1 oz) with Blizzard 11 Coil
  • Stem collapses down to 58.42cm (23 inches)

Looks to be one of the top SMF's on the market to me.

What Is HYPERQ™:

Higher detection frequency. The HYPERQ platform is able to deliver multiple frequencies, including signals up to 80kHz, simultaneously to find fainter targets deeper with higher precision in difficult conditions. This is possible due to its use of a high-performance microcontroller with a 480MHz speed Cortex-M7 STM32H750 series, as well as a low latency and low noise 4 channel 768kHz sampling rate ADC5140 from Texas Instruments.Quest-Hyperq-advanced-processing

Higher processing speed. The V80 machine is able to generate and transmit frequencies of 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, and 60 simultaneously, thanks to its powerful microcontroller unit (MCU) and analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) unit. Additionally, this combination allows for the processing of multiple targets simultaneously and quickly reporting the most valuable results.

Auto noise cancelling. The high-speed processing capability enables us to run high-accuracy automatic noise cancellation with just one click. It will select the quietest channel for the upcoming detection in just 10 seconds.

• Like 4

I have friends in Canada who would go "Stealth" to help a brother out.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1