Axiom Head / Lcd Trouble?

Norvic

Just back from a mission and had a wee problem with the head/LCD trying to part ways with handle, seems to be held in by a wad of silastic/silicone. (as per photo) This happened during travel in my overhead cushioned detector tray built into my Troop Carriers  original 1986 model to current Troopy. The detector is still working AOK and will not be returned for warranty claim at least until end of 23 season, instead whilst back in my workshop will construct a bracket to hold head/LCD more securely.

I also have been reassessing my judgment of its performance vs the 6K and now am of the opinion there is nothing between them, whereas before I have considered the 6K has a slight edge. I believe this is because I have through experience with settings obtaining better depth and sensitivity than when I made my first judgement. Am very impressed with its performance particularly amongst creek rocks where there is a considerable air gap between coil and ground.

Please as this threads author I am not interested in this developing into a negative Garret or Manufacturers Bashing Thread. The Axiom is a positive gold magnet magic detector. 

20230814_151428.thumb.jpg.b1c16e90c5d42c5e67adf44218b94809.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

• The title was changed to Axiom Head / Lcd Trouble?

What a pain, it's great to hear you're really liking the machine though and it sounds pretty impressive to get such positive feedback from you.

Interesting way to mount it to the handle though.

• Like 2

Nah no pain at all, duct tape fixes all or in this case narrower insulation tape...... the Axiom soldiered on. Love it👍

• Like 1

Yep as long as the smoke stays in it`ll find that heavy stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah you`d reckon buh can only speculate, see in time if others do same.

It was just a gentle ride back to town

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dont think it was the ride, maybe the taipan the Axiom had to subdue on the way😉

• Haha 2