Greetings From Tennesee

jdg

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you join us.

This should be re-posted on the Detector Prospector Forum which is just below this forum for the best answers to your question.

I have read from many people here that the D2 is a great machine with some better results than the Legend, but I guess that it would depend on your area and what you are looking for.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome aboard from uptah camp jdg !🤠

No experience with either detector but from reading all about them here since release dates , Both seem very capable machines . The D2 a little more on the learning curve and 3x the price of the Legend. 

Not knowing much about your usual preferences , I'd ask if this will be your first detector and what you're comfortable with in regards to programming one .  Both have pretty good factory settings so learning their "languages" can be attempted as you get to know more about what all the settings do. 

Welcome from East Texas.

• The title was changed to Greetings From Tennesee
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m new to the D2 this year. But I have about 30 years experience with a White’s Spectrum XLT.  There is definitely a learning curve to the D2, but you can go with any of the stock programs until you get a feel for the machine.  You need to walk before you can run.  One of the main selling points to me for the D2 was the multiple save slots for custom programs.  I have been impressed with the ability of the D2 to ferret out some coin targets mixed in with abundant trash.  It can be a racket on the ears in such conditions and takes patience and slow going.

But ultimately, I think your choice of detector does not matter as much as your choice of where to hunt.  Spend some time in the local history section of your library.  Get permission to hunt old sites (especially old sites which have never been hunted), and just about any modern detector will perform fabulously.  Experience, settings, and equipment will make the difference on the borderline iffy targets.