My Thoughts On Hunting Winnemucca Nv Region After Two Weeks

The first time that Hawkeye and I met Richard AKA Dick Delahanty was at Pinto Placers. We crested the hill in our truck, and down near the bowl area was a wonderful setup, camper truck, canopy, carpet, easy chair, ice chest, etc. A small man was smoking a pipe, reading a book. Hawkeye said "That guy really knows how to camp". He turned out to become one of my best friends and detecting partners. When he found those 51 oz in a day at Area 51 what happened was he later showed them off at a club outing. His other detecting partner was there, was later shown the spot, and took out 32 oz after he had agreed not to exploit it on his own. That really hurt RD's feelings. The first time he took me to Area 51 was my best day, numerically, for gold. Six hours, 84 pieces. I knew that smoking that pipe was going to kill him one day, and I told him so many times. It did. I lost one of my best friends. Bummer.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 9/12/2023 at 6:25 PM, flakmagnet said:

Hi Reece,

I don't know if you will find this apropos, but just in case.
Picking a partner is, like so much of prospecting, sometimes a matter of luck.

This is a true story.

Thank you so much for posting this.  That was a a good read.  

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of being invited to Bob's house one day.

Bunk an I stopped to visit, it was a great experience he was a tinkerer as was and am I we talked drywashers construction and local to him mining most the afternoon I enjoyed my visit immensely that day.👍🤠

• Like 1

So, no sarcasm here, no trying to be funny.  What does a Bigfoot call sound like?

A little context for my question...  I have recorded a number of wildlife sounds that have been used by a leading predator caller manufacturer.  And, some years ago, actually heard/saw on a TV show, a sound I recorded being used to try and call a Bigfoot.  I have called in literally thousands of animals, everything from jackrabbits to mountain lions with that sound, myself.  But no Bigfoot.

- Dave

• Like 1

Jim thanks for the info Dave great street and memories  we had a lot of golden years out there  Ut Dave  As for a Bigfoot call a just yelled at the top of my lungs  with a kind of tip at the end   I do see on some tv shows   They push a few wild sounds it’s kind of like seeing a UFO   It’s best to keep the pie hole shut  your never looked at the same  I don’t know what it is about the Dale   It is mesmerizing to me  most look at it and say so what just a bunch of rocks and dirt  

23 hours ago, UT Dave said:

So, no sarcasm here, no trying to be funny.  What does a Bigfoot call sound like?

A little context for my question...  I have recorded a number of wildlife sounds that have been used by a leading predator caller manufacturer.  And, some years ago, actually heard/saw on a TV show, a sound I recorded being used to try and call a Bigfoot.  I have called in literally thousands of animals, everything from jackrabbits to mountain lions with that sound, myself.  But no Bigfoot.

- Dave

google it. Plenty of them on youtube.

14 hours ago, Drellim said:

I don’t know what it is about the Dale   It is mesmerizing to me

I feel the same way, I don't know how to describe it but the Dale has always been hauntingly evocative.

• Like 3