My Thoughts On Hunting Winnemucca Nv Region After Two Weeks

Nice gold to show for your hard work.

Wish you better luck on your hunt and hope that you find some higher quality gold.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see you got at least something for your labor. I have only metal detected once for about an hour with a Gold Bug. That was 11 yrs ago. Lately, I have been reconsidering. The eastern area of our mines have acres of exposed bedrock left by the old hydraulic operators of the 1800's. I'm thinking there must be a good way to work that area to see if anything is left. Posiibly metal detecting along with a battery powered vac. The virgin ground left out there was tested by us back in 2019 & 2020. The values in that area from bedrock to 15 ft above bedrock are anywhere from 1 - 3 ounces per hundred yards of gravel. There are lots of pickers but nothing I would call nuggets. Also plenty of coarse & fine gold. Not sure if detecting would be worth the effort.  

Ghost Miner, those that don't have faith in metal detectors won't find much or worse yet anything at all. I have a buddy on one of my videos who is a firm believer now and he is finding gold. Less overhead less work more gold for the labor you do put into it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Ghost Miner, those that don't have faith in metal detectors won't find much or worse yet anything at all. I have a buddy on one of my videos who is a firm believer now and he is finding gold. Less overhead less work more gold for the labor you do put into it. 

Yes, I think for working the exposed bedrock it's worth a try. 

• Like 1

I got 4 nuggets out of my recent patch and then went out to find another patch towards end of the day. I ended up finding another patch. Got 3 out of it. 7 for today. This is all the gold I got here so far. One of my patches I found was looking like it was going to be good and the second day I went in the my friend here went in there when he said he wouldn't and cleaned out 12 nuggets for somewhere between 3-4 grams perhaps. One nugget had to have been a gram. When I got there and saw he was already there cleaning it out, it pissed me off really bad. That is something guys shouldn't do when someone else finds a patch. Wait to be invited on the patch. I won't be sharing any more patches I find with him. I have found two in two days since that happened.. The loss of those twelve nuggets hurts when I am the one who found the patch and rely on every bit of gold I can pull out of patches I find. 

IMG_20230912_163817769_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Keep it going Reese !!!!

• Like 1