Whites Eagle 2 SL Sig. Balance Knob On Front

Can anyone help with what it dose or how to use it. I like my old Eagle , it is heavy but like it to coin hunt. How do i use the Sig. Bal. ? after i am detecting or when i turn it on?  Mine don't  make much difference one way or the other. What dose it do.  Thanks  Dean

Geotech Karl gives a great answer, as usual.  Yes it's just a form of sensitivity .  The sens. is the "sending" and the signal balance (aka gain) is the receiving signal.   So you can essentially just think of that as sensitivity.

The Eagle SL II black-box with the 950 loop was a great machine.   But when the Explorers hit the market, it was clear that the old school Whites depth was ... uh .... dated.   Still though, for its day, it was a fun machine.   Not a very good wet-salt machine though.

I used an Eagle II SL 90.5 for years. Had mine mounted to a White's hip mount kit. At the time it was the top detector available (was a White's dealer back then 😁) My hunting partner got a new (back Then) Minelab Sovereign and that darn thing would go about 1" deeper than my eagle. He started smokin' me after that. Some of my best finds came using the Eagle II. The Eagle with a BigFoot coil would smoke that Minelab when it came to coin and jewelry count. You have lots of good detecting ahead!