Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer

• The title was changed to Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer
  • 4 weeks later...

Got mine today, same deal as another got. No box but everything included.20231110_155654.thumb.jpg.88775a15b6f15c2fc184302d287f0343.jpg

I'll do some air testing and in ground testing against the Carrot, the F-Pulse, the MI-6 and the Quest Max.

20231110_155716.jpg

@MFF18B did such a great job reviewing this pinpointer that I'll add any observations I make here. 🙂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I'm looking forward to that review F350.

Weird about the box thing though. 

I'm only going to add anything I think, I live in a place which has ideal conditions. No mineralized soil. I'm not sure where the OP lives, but I liked his observations and comparisons with other popular devices so I bought one.

Serious Detecting got a bunch of these in the bags, They shipped me the 13" XP coil for the D2 before most got it, so I think I can trust them to not send me anything "Gray ". I was given the option to get one now or wait for the boxed devices. 😁 

One thing I'm already impressed with is the sturdiness of it as the OP mentioned, and the easy on/off of the rear cap vs the Carrot and the MI-6. 

Did a quick old fashioned ruler air test with 5 (6) pinpointers, for fun I tested both the old and new Quest X-Pointer Max, the AccuPoint, F-Pulse, MI-6 and the trusty old carrot. This is the sort of crap the YouTubers do, so accept these results at your own peril. 😁20231110_183614.thumb.jpg.4fb84bd3a820bde02a7da4369993eedd.jpg

Grabbed an old rusty square nail and used my silver and gold rings:20231110_184732.thumb.jpg.75211beb574c555712f9badd57cd2d0a.jpg

Here are the results of this test:

Nokta AccuPoint

9 sensitivity

Silver ring 1-5/8

Gold 18k 1 -3/8

Iron nail 3 ID ferrous 1 3/4

New X-Pointer Max

Boost mode 

Silver ring 2

Gold ring 1 1/8

Iron nail 2 1/8

Older X-Pointer Max

Boost mode

Silver ring 2

Gold Ring 2

Iron nail 3

Fisher F-Pulse

High sensitivity

Silver ring 4 1/2

Gold Ring 2 1/4

Iron nail 4 7/8

Garrett Propointer AT

High sensitivity

Silver ring 2 1/4

Gold Ring 1 5/8

Iron nail 3 1/4

XP MI-6

50 sensitivity

Silver ring 3 1/4

Gold ring 2 1/2

Iron nail 4 1/8

All measurements are in inches on a 1/8 scale hardware store wooden ruler.

As you can plainly see, overall the MI-6 and the F-Pulse hit on the targets at a greater distance than all the others.

Some of you may not realize that when you use the MI-6 integrated with the remote and headphones, it does not default to the highest sensitivity. I always have mine cranked to 50, even though it sometimes comes up hot I've learned to ignore it. That has to be saved on the remote and the WS-6. It's pretty close to the Fisher!

The AccuPoint did as expected per the manual, it went to a ferrous broken tone the closer it got to the nail.

The Quest pointers both went ferrous right at the distance.

This is a cheesy test at best, and not indicative at all of performance "in the wild" 🤔

Roughly I'd say the F-Pulse does indeed show it's prowess as the only PI in this group, but the MI-6 is a fairly close second. In every way I personally prefer the MI-6 to any of them except for the ferrous discrimination.

Some other thoughts:

The AccuPoint has the best rear cap of all the pointers except for the metal screw cap for the Fisher. Of course time will tell if that great cap leaks, but I rarely use a pinpointer in the water. I've already broken one MI-6 cap attempting to twist it off. 🤬 I keep spares. 😀

I get a kick out of the little "digger" front cap on the AccuPoint, I don't dig with my pointer. 🤣

The simplicity of the AccuPoint settings system is incomparable, literally the best. The on/off is going to take some getting used to, but I don't mind the placement of the power button at all.

The only thing I'm used to that the AccuPoint doesn't do is keep the flashlight on while the pointer is on, which all the others allow you to set up. A lot of times that's the only way I know to turn it off 🤔

I'll get to some in-ground tests myself, but I think the OP did a great job describing them. 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Digalicious said:

I just realized that MFF said he has only been detecting for two years, and has 11 pinpointers.

I think MFF just dethroned Simon 😁

Dig,

First step is to admit you have a problem.  I have a problem.  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The only thing I'm used to that the AccuPoint doesn't do is keep the flashlight on while the pointer is on, which all the others allow you to set up. A lot of times that's the only way I know to turn it off

F350,

I apologize if I misunderstand what your saying, but if you go into the settings and activate the flashlight, it will turn on when the Accupoiont is turned on and turn off when the Accupoint is turned off.  This setting should be saved until you change it.  

When I did in ground depth test comparisons, the FPulse and Quest were deeper as well.  The Accupoint and the XP were pretty much the same, unless I connected the MI6 to the D2 and cranked the sens to 50.  In that case, the MI6 was deeper.  Although when the MI6 wasn’t connected to the D2, the Accupoint seemed to hit a little harder than the MI6 at the edge of detection.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MFF18B said:

I apologize if I misunderstand what your saying, but if you go into the settings and activate the flashlight, it will turn on when the Accupoiont is turned on and turn off when the Accupoint is turned off.  This setting should be saved until you change it.  

🙄 Well ya got me. 😀 Did that post later in the evening so I must have had a senior moment 🤪

My XP tests were with the pointer connected to the remote and sensitivity at 50 🙂 it did almost as good as the F-Pulse, I still don't know exactly why I don't like that thing. Maybe because it's not loud. 🤔

• Like 1