Back In The Game, Thanks Y'all

32 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bob,

Glad you healed up fast digging buddy.  The rain today is going to further help with your digging ability.  Those fields were turning into concrete.  Congrats on the keyhole escutcheon and IHP.  Not a bad “return” at all.

The problem with a “light” but strong shovel is that you lose the mass of the shovel distributed along the shaft that actually aids in digging because the force of gravity against that mass helps the blade penetrate and move the dirt better without having to exert as much muscle force.  It can also supplement muscle power in leverage.  I typically use all steel shovels for field work as a result.

Sage advice! Thanks. Sticking the Predator down in that hardened blue marl was quite the shock yesterday. 😵The rain today should loosen things a bit, and I'm hoping by next week more beans will be harvested, if ya get my drift. 🤔 Winter(s) is coming 😁

4 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work 350 glad to see your back at it...

strick

Thanks strick, for a 2 hour hunt I'll take it. Still feel like a truck hit me, but I'm so glad I didn't have to take a long break, I'd hate to be my wife if I did 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will second the Captain's recommendation on the Nomad. I have all 3 of the Root Slayer family & use the Nomad the most. Very easy to carry & digs very well, roots & all.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JCR said:

I will second the Captain's recommendation on the Nomad. I have all 3 of the Root Slayer family & use the Nomad the most. Very easy to carry & digs very well, roots & all.

Roger that, and with the longer handle, I dig with my foot, not my arm. And, you can't beat that price for a good shovel. 😉

• Like 3

That's what I meant , your front yard is an A level permission. 

I went out for a couple of hours today in 30 degrees with 15kt breeze.   

Doc , I have to be more careful with it these days.

When I break up things now it's more often than not me that breaks !

image.thumb.jpeg.d3d29d10c3dea288475e9efd5cb90789.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to go, F350! I knew it couldn't keep you down long and you're back with a bang! Congrats on the cool new finds, well done!! 😄

If you're looking for a lighter shovel, consider this one:

https://a.co/d/j2iWKYg

I got both, Nomad and the Nomad Spade, which they used to market as the Root Slayer Metal Detecting Spade. The Nomad spade is a beast of a dirt cutter, but it weighs 5 lbs, so I used the regular Nomad which weighs only 2.5 lbs and I love it. It's my go to relic shovel and it very tuff. I haven't been able to break it yet and not for lack of trying. 😉

Glad you're back, amigo! 😎

Looks like a winner CPT....Just ordered up.

• Like 3