What Bungee Systems Are You Using On GPX 6000

Here you go.  The QWIPPLE™

Similar shoulder clip to Minelab however it's beefier and ambi-dextrous, you can lock it in on the left or right of the clip.

Unlike Minelab I provide you with a shaft adjustment where you can either use it to simply hook the loop to, or you can use it as another adjustment point.  I love to do my adjustments here because I can swing and when I am going up a ridge you lift the detector and the bungee goes slack.  All you have to do is reach down pull the bungee out of the "V" groove take out the slack and give it a tug back into the V groove.  You don't have to stop swinging to do it.  Also unlike the Minelab rig, with give you a RING STRAP so you can attach it to your favorite harness rig.  

Minelab's replacement is $35.  Doc's is $29.95.  Oh yeah and I have 2500 of them so please buy one or two! LOL

Our bungee is custom made 50% stretch for more control Dacron Polyester Marine Grade UV protected.  

Doc's AMAZING QWIPPLE™ Metal Detector Bungee Support Makes detector feather lite | eBay

QWIPPLE™ Instantaneous adjustment Metal Detector Support Bungee - AMAZING! - Doc's Place (docsdetecting.com)
2023-06-0215_28_19.thumb.jpg.8c03ceefd5b70935d6f80b8a806c0ada.jpg

2023-06-0215_36_03.thumb.jpg.782608b270fc8c65fe1cb369412fa8bb.jpg

2023-06-0215_26_06.thumb.jpg.8646eae6fdf163b26e8bb9635a42a99a.jpg

QwippleAd.thumb.jpg.c8ed055137575401a387688678035092.jpg

Doc

2023-06-02 15.30.03.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, bklein said:

Awakening this thread.  I managed to break the attach clip on the Minelab bungee thing. There is enough left on it to clip on to a ring or whatever but can easily come free. Doc’s qwipple has a similar clip. Both are unique in that they are easy to adjust. Wish they sold it separately.

What search terms will get me to a good chest harness? I have the ML pro harness but it’s overkill for a Manticore or AQ…

BKelin, are you in the U.S.?

If so give me your address and I will send you one of my new ABS plastic clips no charge.

Is it the clip that goes on the shoulder "D" ring? 

If that's what broke that is exactly why I beefed it up.

Doc

• Like 1

😁

On 11/8/2021 at 10:13 AM, Felix arami said:

Have you  tried  a swing arm it seems  to balance out  better on the 6000 for me

Wonder how you learned of the swing arm and Doc's Bungee system.  Good to hear from you buddy and hopefully the gold is flowing.

Yes I too use Doc's Ultra Swingie Thingie and also a Swing Arm off the GPZ-7000 (can be purchased separately).  I carry my Apex pick on my back.  I have Zip Ties made into a loop to hold the pick.

A detector that really needs a swing arm (besides the GPZ-7000) is the SDC-2300.

As for Ultra Swingie Thingie, I use it on a variety of detectors when Prospecting just so I can hold my pants up and carry my pic.  The Minelab Pro Swing is a waste of money for anyone with size as the exoskeleton easily comes apart.  And the Minelab Pro Swing does not hold my pants up.

Why do I need my pants held up?  My pockets are usually full of gold.  He he.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

😁

Wonder how you learned of the swing arm and Doc's Bungee system.  Good to hear from you buddy and hopefully the gold is flowing.

Yes I too use Doc's Ultra Swingie Thingie and also a Swing Arm off the GPZ-7000 (can be purchased separately).  I carry my Apex pick on my back.  I have Zip Ties made into a loop to hold the pick.

A detector that really needs a swing arm (besides the GPZ-7000) is the SDC-2300.

As for Ultra Swingie Thingie, I use it on a variety of detectors when Prospecting just so I can hold my pants up and carry my pic.  The Minelab Pro Swing is a waste of money for anyone with size as the exoskeleton easily comes apart.  And the Minelab Pro Swing does not hold my pants up.

Why do I need my pants held up?  My pockets are usually full of gold.  He he.😁

Gerry the Pro-Swing does have some serious design issues.  That being said the concept of transferring the weight is genius.

You are much taller than I am, hell everyone is much taller than I am... but here are a few tips for people who have not figured out how to make the Pro-Swing work properly

Literally everyone I have fitted their Pro-Swing as described below loves it.

1.  I only use one strut, and forget the yoke use it for a boomerang.  If you swing right handed then put the right hand strut together, if you swing left, use the left strut.  Using both makes you feel like you are in a straight jacket.  You don't need two.  No one uses two hipsticks.  You might want to mess around with two struts if you are swinging a monster coil.

2. The upright strut, adjust it out as far as it will go and use electrical tape to secure the adjustment by wrapping it around the rod.

3. Where the struts join together tape those as well.

4.  Adjust the back strut so that strut runs tight against your rib cage, and tape the adjustment.

5.  Take the vertical back strap and fold it over by at least a 1/3 of the Velcro type material.  Forget about leaving it the entire length even if you're tall because the Pro Swing Struts are noy long enough to work properly.

6.  Forget about wearing the harness the way you think it should be worn, with the belt at your waist, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

7.  The belt of the Pro-Swing has to be fitted right below your man boobs.  That's right, you're going to look like a ninny but you will soon see that the Pro-Swing is the duck's nuts.  I'm sort of kidding but the proper position of the belt, but it has to be way way above your waist.  It is fitted properly when the strut lifts the shoulder strap off of your shoulder.

8.  In order for the Pro-Swing to work properly whichever side you have the strut on that strut and how you place the belt on  your chest is critical.  It must be adjusted so that the shoulder strap on the side where the strut is at is lifts the shoulder strap completely off your shoulder even with the weight of a detector attached.  If you are right handed you should have so much clearance of that right shoulder strap sitting above your shoulder that you can take your left hand put it on your right shoulder and the strap should be above your hand.  The strap SHOULD NEVER TOUCH your shoulder.  If it does you defeat the function.

9.  The entire concept of the Pro-Swing is sort of similar to a block and pully.  The more times you redirect the weight of something the less force you have to use to pull the weight.  The weight of the detector on the strut must never be interfered with until it is re-directed to the back of the belt.  If the shoulder strap touches your shoulder then your shoulder is carrying the weight and it can not be re-directed properly.  So basically the weight of the detector goes down the vertical strut and then is re-directed towards your back where it pushes the belt out and away from your back, that force is redirected to your chest area under your man boobs. LOL  However, by that time the weight has been redirected and redistributed so many times you don't even realize the belt across your under chest gets tighter when the weight of the detector is being supported by the strut.

Look at the pictures.  In the first picture you can sort of see that the right strap is up and off my shoulder.  Also the positioning of the belt is far away from my waist, it is right under my man boobs, but I think it's that high because I am sitting down.

The second picture clearly shows that the waist belt of the Pro-Swing has to be worn high.  It has to be high enough so you can see daylight under that shoulder strap where the strut is.

So don't give up on that Pro-Swing it's amazing, it's just designed poorly IMHO.   Some day when I have the time and money I will do a Harness with a Support Strut System that functions properly without all of these hoops you have to jump through.

Doc
2017-11-1715_39_05.thumb.jpg.30426e2e1d2f3a9c0cb167cf563b163e.jpg

20190216_131455.thumb.jpg.7243fb931f37138da957eefb0b52edb2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I've found this a highly advantageous reason to use the Swingie Thingy too. 

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've found this a highly advantageous reason to use the Swingiy Thingy too. 

Well there is no doubt that is one of the many pluses of the Ultra Swingy Thingy and I love that about it too.  There is just no way your pants are going to stay up with all the acrobatics we go through while metal detecting.

That's why I think if I could use those features and combine it with something that is designed correctly to do weight transfer, it would be a winner.

With most of these lite weight machines, the AXIOM GPX6000 the Ultra Swingy does the job without the need to transfer weight because they are relatively lite.

Doc

• Like 1

I have never found anything to surpass a HipStick. It needs minimal adjustment while you are hunting and definitely saves back and shoulder damage from being furthered. In addition, I use one of Chet's always-smart recommendations and attach the HipStick to the topmost strap on my shoulder harness. This adjustment made a small but noticeable difference.

IMHO it is one of the best add-on's for detecting comfort.

5 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I have never found anything to surpass a HipStick. It needs minimal adjustment while you are hunting and definitely saves back and shoulder damage from being furthered. In addition, I use one of Chet's always-smart recommendations and attach the HipStick to the topmost strap on my shoulder harness. This adjustment made a small but noticeable difference.

IMHO it is one of the best add-on's for detecting comfort.

I agree the hipstick is a remarkable device.  However it works on a different principle whereby it directs the weight straight down onto your belt, which is fine.  Your waist handles weight much more effectively than your shoulder.  A hipstick with an Ultra Swingy Thingy is magic.

Doc