Is It Just My Impression? Coil Impact

raziel900

52 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The final back and forth really didn't really help shed any additional light on the OP's question.  There are undoubtedly changes that are not necessarily being documented, but debating the nature and extent of those known unknowns is non-productive.  It should be sufficient for people to simply relate their experiences post update and not unreasonable to connect new behavior to the update. 

Most likely zero help. But in mineralization [black sand and salt] I get swing chirps when moving the coil more aggressively, at the stop on each end.    

I have not updated yet. But when I do the update tomorrow, I will look at these swing chirps. Maybe the OP has mineralization?  

Absolutely no mineralization "peaceful" soils.... I noticed this increase in chatter and I asked you at the forum for help, I hunt 90% in dense vegetation and that chatter could deceive me about a possible deep or weak target..... Of course I have the ground stabilizator on 2, would putting it on 3 help? What would I lose in terms of performance?

IMG_20240106_112428.jpg

IMG_20240106_112411.jpg

IMG_20240106_112405.jpg

25 minutes ago, raziel900 said:

Absolutely no mineralization "peaceful" soils.... I noticed this increase in chatter and I asked you at the forum for help, I hunt 90% in dense vegetation and that chatter could deceive me about a possible deep or weak target..... Of course I have the ground stabilizator on 2, would putting it on 3 help? What would I lose in terms of performance?

IMG_20240106_112428.jpg

IMG_20240106_112411.jpg

IMG_20240106_112405.jpg

What program and settings are you using? Please list all of them.

Did you use the same program and settings before the update to V1.1?

Chatter can mean EMI, ground noise from mineralization, ground noise from moisture, ground noise from improper ground balance.

I have never thought of using the English word chatter to describe sounds produced by bumping the coil into vegetation or rocks. Does your coil produce audible responses when bouncing it on the ground or when tapping it with your hand?

On 1/3/2024 at 5:25 AM, iron_buzz said:

I'm sorry that you are taking what I said so personally... it was never meant to be anything other than a general criticism of offering subjective observations as actual fact, no matter who does it.   I didn't call you names, such as the one you just called me... it wasn't personal, but calling me "the high and mighty Iron Buzz" is.  What's so hard about preferencing your opinion with "IMO", anyway?

Nobody on these forums has to preface anything with IMO because everything posted is only somebodies opinion. If anyone thinks they are just stating facts - well, no. All you are doing is stating your opinion of what you think the facts are. I agree with Chase. I state my experience, the other guy states their experience, somebody else states their experience - the reader can decide for themselves what is what.

So, long story short, my style of posting is to state things as if they are facts. They are in my experience, but maybe not others. With metal detectors in particular everything depends on the ground and the targets, multiplied by operator experience. What is true for beach hunters in Florida is 100% not true for me nugget detecting in the Sierras. Different places and totally different ideas about what works and does not. The point is to take it all in and learn, not insist any one viewpoint is the "correct" one. Learn to see the big picture.

IMG_0014.PNG

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Quali programmi e impostazioni stai utilizzando? Si prega di elencarli tutti.

Hai usato lo stesso programma e le stesse impostazioni prima dell'aggiornamento alla V1.1?

Chatter può significare EMI, rumore del terreno dovuto alla mineralizzazione, rumore del terreno dovuto all'umidità, rumore del terreno dovuto a un bilanciamento improprio del terreno.

Non ho mai pensato di usare la parola inglese chatter per descrivere i suoni prodotti dall'urto della bobina contro la vegetazione o le rocce. La tua bobina produce risposte udibili quando la fai rimbalzare a terra o quando la picchietta con la mano?

Same prog as 0.71....sensitive,disc 6,three tones, silencer 0, notch off, bcaps 0,sens 92,freq 40,audio response 4-5, react 2,audio filter 0.decrease the sens doesn't seem to solve, anyway it's just louder than with the update 0.71.....soils without mineralization, the coil produces sounds when it impacts with vegetation

6 minutes ago, raziel900 said:

Same prog as 0.71....sensitive,disc 6,three tones, silencer 0, notch off, bcaps 0,sens 92,freq 40,audio response 4-5, react 2,audio filter 0.decrease the sens doesn't seem to solve, anyway it's just louder than with the update 0.71.....soils without mineralization, the coil produces sounds when it impacts with vegetation

Thank you for providing your settings.

Do you ground balance your Deus 2?

Have you tried different Silencer settings?

Does your coil make noise when you bump it against rocks, dirt or when you hit it with your hand?

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Thank you for providing your settings.

Do you ground balance your Deus 2? yes always

Have you tried different Silencer settings? No, I don't use the silencer

Does your coil make noise when you bump it against rocks, dirt or when you hit it with your hand? 

mmmmm I've never tried to hit the coil with my hand

I just installed V2.0 a few days ago and took it to the beach yesterday.  I'm glad I did install it after hesitating because I thought the only upgrade was the addition of the Xtrem Hunter software and the enhanced Goldfield sensitivity.  I quickly saw that there was more to V2.0 than advertised.  The overall sensitivity was enhanced based on observable behavior with Micro targets at 2+ scoops depth and the TIDs were tighter/stable.

Reading posts about bump issues, I didn't see that with my Deus II so I intentionally bumped my coil against the sand and seaweed clumps....no issues.  I was using my modified Beach Sensitive program with the 11" coil.  I switched programs from mine to the factory Beach Sensitive with no changes just to see if there was any difference.  No difference...still no bump issues.  

My initial thought was my version of 2.0 (a few days old) may have contained some unpublished changes from older versions of 2.0 where XP addressed the bump issue seen by those earlier downloads.  Can't say/don't know.  All I can say is that my Deus II has no bump issues that I've found so far.    🤷‍♂️

So when I got home, I read a post suggesting bumping the coil with my hand.  I tried that and wouldn't you know it....I had a bump issue!!!   I then bumped the coil against a piece of furniture...no bump issue?!?!   Am I delirious?  I can't interpret the facts, I'm just reporting the facts from my foxhole.  🤷‍♂️😄

10 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

I just installed V2.0 a few days ago and took it to the beach yesterday.  I'm glad I did install it after hesitating because I thought the only upgrade was the addition of the Xtrem Hunter software and the enhanced Goldfield sensitivity.  I quickly saw that there was more to V2.0 than advertised.  The overall sensitivity was enhanced based on observable behavior with Micro targets at 2+ scoops depth and the TIDs were tighter/stable.

Reading posts about bump issues, I didn't see that with my Deus II so I intentionally bumped my coil against the sand and seaweed clumps....no issues.  I was using my modified Beach Sensitive program with the 11" coil.  I switched programs from mine to the factory Beach Sensitive with no changes just to see if there was any difference.  No difference...still no bump issues.  

My initial thought was my version of 2.0 (a few days old) may have contained some unpublished changes from older versions of 2.0 where XP addressed the bump issue seen by those earlier downloads.  Can't say/don't know.  All I can say is that my Deus II has no bump issues that I've found so far.    🤷‍♂️

So when I got home, I read a post suggesting bumping the coil with my hand.  I tried that and wouldn't you know it....I had a bump issue!!!   I then bumped the coil against a piece of furniture...no bump issue?!?!   Am I delirious?  I can't interpret the facts, I'm just reporting the facts from my foxhole.  🤷‍♂️😄

thanks for your info, I also tried to hit the coil with my hand and I had a sound response but I think it's normal at this point... What is not clear to me is that if I set the ground stabilizator to 3 what I would lose specifically in terms of performance

Got into the D2 clan late in the game only used the version before briefly then updated to 2.0. Had hell of a time trying to update the headphones because i was using a charging cable and not a data cable... who woulda thunk they would dumb down one of the wires in the spaghetti charging cluster.

Anyways no knock issues at all here and I run in a good range of soils and beaches. Seems to handle EMI well and can run it between 90-97 sensitivity in almost all the places I hunt. Have to say once set up it's one of the easiest machines I have used

Little off topic on this but one thing I am not fond of is the gold field mode. Seems the threshold is just a random background hum with no reaction to the ground and the vco is too quick and sparky so it is difficult to judge size and depth. Having tested it against my Gold Racer with stock coil the GR is better on tiny stuff and much more proportional to size and sound. I know the D2 doesn't have a true all metal mode but what they have I feel is unusable. Will have to fiddle around with Gold Field and maybe try it in 2 tone instead and fiddle around with the tone break.

Using the 9", typically don't run any discrimination here.