Short Hunt

Hunted an old patch of grass in Fresno california where I dug up many barbers, mercs, a few seated and a 5 gram gold nugget. Funny thing is I only dug up 2 rosies and a silver Washington quarter over the years from this area.

Yesterday on Christmas Day I finally squeezed some time to hunt this old patch of grass.  First 4 holes were aluminum targets then I moved over to where I had dug up a half dime 10 years ago.  First target I get a 88-87 at 6-7 inches on the D2.  In the plug I had a hard time finding the target. As I knocked more and more dirt off the bottom of the plug I finally heard the target it was near the surface of the plug. Moved a little dirt and I saw a round silver looking thing. 
Pulling it out I noticed it was definitely a silver coin. Hoping it was not a pesky rosie I brushed off some dirt and the reverse looked different from a barber flipped it over and brushed some dirt off and saw the bottom half of the obverse. It was a 1858 seated Dime in almost good condition.  My 6th seated from this area 2 were half dimes.  My next target I thought might be a silver turned out to be a modern gaming token.  I was satisfied with the seated so I called it quits in about an hour. 
Hope everyone had a good Christmas Day. 

Denny

IMG_0927.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

That's a nice seated Denny, worn and fertilizer-blackened like they are over on this stretch of dirt. 😀 I always think anything else I find after getting a nice silver coin is gravy, and that I could stop.

I usually don't. 🤣

Fantastic find Denny....

Nice work Denny and it’s good to not look too greedy to the detecting gods so I’m sure you will do well on the next hunt. 

Strick

Seateds of any sort are still on my bucket list.  Nice find!