Axiom, Outrageous Settings That Work In Black Sand

9 hours ago, Knomad said:

NOTE - I did not pick that 00 00 ground balance, it is what the machine apparently defaults to if it cannot ground balance even in manual ground balance mode.

I would like to see them add the ability to manually tweak the ground balance, at least a few numbers like some other machines.

I do understand what you are saying and a lot of my comments are just for the general audience reading this thread. I know you are not picking the 00 00 setting per se but you are in a way, by trying to balance on ground that is overloading it, forcing it to go to 00 00. Do a reset and just don't ground balance at all. Or do a partial ground balance higher above the ground, or on milder soil nearby. Just don’t let it get to 00 00. The guy shows what I am talking about in this video.

I would test both without any ground balance at all, and at the 00 00 setting. Set your other controls like you have been doing, and see what gives the best result. Since you are not ground balancing there is ground response normally, but a PI is forgiving and coil control can compensate. Your settings should suppress that in any case.

Just making some suggestions and I appreciate what you are saying and passing along, more information is always good, and I’ll give it a go myself and report back, thanks!

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Axiom, Outrageous Settings That Work In Black Sand