The Dalas™ Project

Just think on that one for awhile.

It's in the proto-typing stage right now.  The project is already past the design stage.

Next Proto-type

Then Field Testing - I've selected three people to do the proto-type testing.

Then Modifications if necessary

Then Production

Maybe 2nd week of May to be introduced to the market.

Doc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Doc

I’m at a loss of what the Sam Hill is a Dalas ? 

Exactly!  What the heck is it?

Have to wait and see.

Start saving your dimes.

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmmmm 🤔 

Well, Dalas backwards is Salad.  And we all know that...

Homer.jpg.4fe099fbcf8d540a75634b847bf0b1d9.jpg

...so, that can't be it.  

And Dalas was a big TV hit back in the day with JR and he wore a big hat.  But one L is missing from this version.  

Is it, one 'ell of a BIG hat!? 

• Haha 7

Lets take bets on what the hell a Dalas is, you upover guys should be able to read what Docs up to by now. Hmmmm I`ve little idea maybe a fancy finds pouch?

• Oh my! 1

Doc

I’ve put myself up for adoption. I was trying to get Dilek to adopt me but as you can see I’m still here.

The only good news about me is I’m house broke.

Okay Doc I’m waiting .

Chuck 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Hmmmmm 🤔 

Well, Dalas backwards is Salad.  And we all know that...

Homer.jpg.4fe099fbcf8d540a75634b847bf0b1d9.jpg

...so, that can't be it.  

And Dalas was a big TV hit back in the day with JR and he wore a big hat.  But one L is missing from this version.  

Is it, one 'ell of a BIG hat!? 

Maybe it's salad dressing?

It's not a hat but a company beat me to an idea that I had two years ago and I just never followed through.  It's a wide brimmed hat with neck protection  The brim opens on the sides to allow your headphones to pass through.  Then the brim closes back around the headphone via magnets that connect the brim back together.

It's fully adjustable.

I know I'll be wearing one I have had a horrendous time with skin cancers, basal cell and Squamous.  In the last 12 months they cut my head long deep and wide to remove another Squamous cell.  They got it all.

Now I'm suffering from some damn skin condition the doctor thinks is caused by long haul Co-Vid called Nodularis Prurigo.  I have to go for light therapy 3 times a week for 8 weeks and give myself a shot of DUPIXENT in the stomach every two weeks.  I never got the jab but I got Co-Vid according to the blood tests.  I was exposed and I took Ivermectin and never got sick, but apparently I was asymptomatic.  My blood tests show I've had it and have the anti-bodies against it.  Go figure.

This Nodularis itches so bad it drives me to distraction.

Pretty cool.

Doc

1544635243_1429727.jpg.cb5a76bbdff71ce254d5bcd0cd2a7164.jpg

• Like 9

Hey Doc,

I've been using my Aussie "Funnel Web" hat for at least 10 years......similar design. Mine cost $30 originally and now they want $60 🤑

I'd buy another one for sure....great design and protection.

Funnel Web hat.jpg

• Like 3

I grew one of those myself back in the 80's, we called it the yep-nope or Kentucky Waterfall though. 🙂

• Haha 2

I haven't seen a Dalas in years. The last one I bought was about $6.95 but I'll bet the price has gone up!

Do miners still use them? They were originally a bowling accessory but they are good for drywashing and detecting too.

• Like 1